Diet soda experiment

(Nick Eagle) #1

So I did a little self experiment after hearing lots of people do well on keto or similar while including diet soda. I ate at 3am 1/17/2018 and fasted until 3am 1/18/2018 (work overnights and sleep from 12pm-7pm) and at 5am 1/18/2018 I had 1 20oz diet dr pepper and literally within 20 minutes have SO MUCH all over body pain. Knees hurt again mid and lower back are KILLING me and just feel painful. I drink 9 liters of water every day no exception and was already in 6 liters when I had the soda. Man… wont do that again!
Ps… It also really bloated me!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Sorry, buddy, but at least now you know. It’s probably an effect of the aspartame. Stick to plain water or seltzer.

(Gargantuan B. Widebody) #3

On my last run at keto I had gone 6+ months with a diet soda. The first sip was like drinking battery acid. But for reasons I can’t explain I kept drinking it. An hour or so later I regretted it. I got some bloat, some pain and my stomach was less than pleased with me. :confounded: Sometimes you have to experience the dark side to really appreciate it. Just telling me something doesn’t always drive the lesson home.

(Nick Eagle) #4

Just woke up and my body feels like I did an intense HIIT session and serious full body workout! Going high fat today and definitely not having any more soda!

(Michele) #5

That is an extraordinary response! Hiw awful. I’m so glad I’ve not drunk diet soda - I hate the taste of the artificial sugar so never been a fan.