Dark chocolate makes my heart race

(Kellie) #1

Anyone else have this issue? Iv noticed lately after eating dark chocolate my heart feels heavy and racing and my tummy hurts . I will say before keto I never ate dark chocolate

I don’t have this problem…but I do have difficulty stopping at one square :joy:

(Chelsea Barnett) #3

My guess would be the caffeine. Are you sensitive to caffeine ? I haven’t had chocolate in forever. But I don’t remember it making me feel that way

(Empress of the Unexpected) #4

I agree - all I can think of would be the caffeine.

Agreed,

I wear an Apple Watch specifically for monitoring my heart while hiking and also at rest.

Over time I can monitor my sleep quality as well as my resting heart rate significant improvement over time.

I’m fat adapted, which simp,y means I d]avoid carbs and the majority of my body / mind fuel is fat.

While being fat adapted, i’ve Noticed significant subseptibility to alcohol and dark chocolate, in that the body is so clean and our - that new chemicals have a significant and expressive impact.

(Edith) #6

You may want to check out this article about dark chocolate:

You could also be allergic to it. Food allergy can cause a racing heart.

(KCKO, KCFO) #7

Chocolate contains a lot of caffeine. Do drinks containing caffeine effect you?

(Kellie) #8

No

(Mother of Puppies ) #9

I usually crave chocolate when my magnesium is low. Low magnesium has sent me to the hospital with heart palpitations.

Are you supplementing magnesium?

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #10

I haven’t myself, but I have a friend who does. She also loves dark chocolate… :slightly_frowning_face: She is able to enjoy it by having a small piece, and not in the evening. She is also sensitive to caffeine, but chocolate is worse than coffee so there may be another factor.

(Omar) #11

I have this issue and had reported it here few months back.