CrossFit | Georgia Ede: Brainwashed — The Mainstreaming of Nutritional Mythology

(Elizabeth ) #1

https://www.crossfit.com/health/georgia-ede-ddc

Low-Carb Diet May Reverse, Prevent Age-Related Cognitive Decline
(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

Thank you for posting this link.

Propaganda ceases where simple dialogue begins.

(Elizabeth ) #3

Brian Sanders movie Food Lies will be out hopefully later this year also😁

(Bunny) #4

”…“These unscientific documents become the standard of care,” she explains. She concludes by offering her own recommendations for those who wish to navigate the nutrition science for themselves: “You should always start from a position of extreme skepticism, because most nutrition science is really not worth the paper it is printed on.”…” …More

I agree, cherry picking is not so good a thing?

Proof is in the starch:

•The more meat you eat, the more cancer precursor MicroRNA’s are produced in the lower Colon; the only known antidote is dietary resistant starch[2] which reverses the process and decreases MicroRNA’s in numbers more than significantly.

Maybe you can write to the scientist and ask her what’s the beef with red meat? For now I’m more persuaded by her argument than yours?

If you prove her wrong then you prove me wrong and I would accept that you are right?

References:

[1] MicroRNAs as Biomarkers in Colorectal Cancer

[2] ”…“Red meat and resistant starch have opposite effects on the colorectal cancer-promoting miRNAs, the miR-17-92 cluster,” said Karen J. Humphreys, PhD, a research associate at the Flinders Center for Innovation in Cancer at Flinders University in Adelaide, Australia. “This finding supports consumption of resistant starch as a means of reducing the risk associated with a high red meat diet.” …” …More

[3] “…MicroRNAs (miRNAs) encoded by the miR - 17 - 92 cluster and its paralogs are known to act as oncogenes. Expression of these miRNAs promotes cell proliferation, suppresses apoptosis of cancer cells, and induces tumor angiogenesis. …” …More

[4] “…Dr. Grace Liu. (Butyrate taken via butter doesn’t make it to the colon, it’s absorbed by the body long before then - so RS empowers the colon’s Butyrate production - which in turn supports the immune system and metabolism). …” …More

…CONTINUED: ”…She found the anti-meat messaging promulgated by recent U.S. Dietary Guidelines, the influential WHO report on meat and cancer, and the 2019 EAT- Lancet report can more accurately be said to be based on nutrition mythology than science.

Ede details the various “unscrupulous tactics” the documents use to support their anti-meat messaging. These tactics include fearmongering, cherry-picking data and studies, and the spread of blatant misinformation about what the research conveys. Drawing on the work of French philosopher Jacques Ellul, she compares the dietary guidelines to propaganda and notes the EAT- Lancet report, in particular, may be unduly influenced by partnerships with corporations whose interests run contrary to a “whole foods agenda. …” …More

Really? I’m afraid Ede’s didn’t do her research very thoroughly? Kind of a contradiction of sorts?

(Elizabeth ) #5

Yawn

(Bunny) #6

Perhaps you have the answers?

Where have you been, we need more people like you to explain this?