Craving tomato sauce and melted cheese

(TJ Borden) #22

Okay… smaller versions of what goes in :rofl:

most eggplant parmasian I’ve ever had (in Italy) is not made with breading. It’s super easy to make and takes few ingredients. Someone else suggested Rao’s sauce, use that plus eggplant, ricotta and mozzarella and you’re ready to go. There are several decent keto recipes online you can try and experiment with. I make my own but use the keto one’s as a guide.

buon appetito!

When I visit my daughter on the west coast she has ordered me pizza with a gluten free crust and dairy substitute cheese. I’m not positive but I think they made their crust out of cauliflower.
Sue

(Steve) #25

Heh…I guess as with a lot of things, Keto going mainstream may just start in California. :slight_smile: That would be pretty exciting if that’s the case! :slight_smile: You should get her to verify if so - you could share the info on the Pizzeria in one of the forums on here (so Keto folks local to it can flock to it) :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the great suggestions and recipes. Perhaps when fall and winter roll around I will get excited about grocery shopping and preparing my own meals, but now that spring/summer is here, I am hardly ever home. Between working at the office long hours, doing volunteer work at the humane society, and me and my husband trying to get out on the motorcycle as often as possible, I really need foods from a restaurant that I can eat safely when I have these cravings. I’ve got the “meat and veggie” ordering down pat, but yesterday I REALLY wanted italian (sauce and cheese).

Where would one obtain this “shirataki” product - is that a mainstream grocery store item??? I guess I could also use chunks of tofu but I try to stay away from soy products.

The ending to my story was I ended up ordering chicken and broccoli alfredo. I picked out the chicken and broccoli, poured the cheese sauce over it, and handed the pasta to my husband. Yes, I missed out on the “sauce” craving but creamy cheese sauce isn’t a bad runner up. :slight_smile:

Thanks again.
Sue

(karen) #27

It comes in plastic bags and doesn’t need refrigeration, so I buy mine online, definitely cheaper that way. One popular brand is miracle noodle. It’s typically $2-3 for a 7-8 oz bag, but I can often find it half price. It comes in varieties like “shiritaki rice” and “shiritaki fettuccine” but it’s all the same product, just in different shapes.

It takes some getting used to. It’s got a strange smell like fish when you first open the package and drain it (this goes away), it needs to be rinsed and then usually people will heat it in a pan to dry out some of the extra water. And it squeaks!

It’s also a little rubbery, like a chinese cellophane noodle. The one called ‘Zeroodle’ has oat fiber in it and it’s more like pasta. And this is weird but I won’t do the shiritaki ‘rice’ because for some reason those slippery little balls get into the back of my nose. Guess I must be a “food inhaler”.

So what did you wind up with for dinner??

(Steve) #28

As Karen said, best pricing for the shirataki noodles online. If you want to be able to grab them locally, either gourmet or health food stores may have them. (I’d recommend e-mailing or calling them to save you frustration of going store to store) :slight_smile: They’re still very much a niche product at the moment.

(KetoQ) #29

Here’s a keto friendly “pizza casserole” recipe.

After so much contemplating and reading so many menus, the above is the one I settled on. Not a bad “settle”. :slight_smile:

Great news… I’m getting online right now to order some! Whoohoo ----- a new addition to this WOE! I’m easy to please and can get accustomed to just about any taste. Having another quick option will be really nice.
Sue

(matt ) #32

Pizza bowl. Can’t get much easier.

(matt ) #33

Skillet pizza?

(matt ) #34

Pizza casserole.

(matt ) #35

Meatballs dipped in cheese and then sauce?

(matt ) #36

Matt head pizza.

(matt ) #37

Waffle pizza

(matt ) #38

I think that’s all of them. :grinning::grinning:

(matt ) #39

Check out my Matthead recipe. Super easy mixing with a food processor

Wow - all that stuff looks amazing! Yesterday evening after still having the craving (and now again, thanks to your photos) I went into the kitchen to attempt my first crack at Fathead pizza. I didn’t have all the right ingredients but I figured I’d try anyway. Didn’t have shredded mozz but I did have shredded cheddar… used that. Didn’t have a brick of cream cheese but I did have a tub of whipped cream cheese. I didn’t have parchment paper so I used wax paper.

I think it came out amazingly, and I loved every bite! The only downside was that the smoke alarms went off and we had to turn on all the ceiling fans and open all the windows… did you know wax paper smokes like a son of a b/tch when you put it in the oven??? I didn’t. LOL

I still have half the crust today and will be enjoying it again this evening, and I have a new grocery list started. Thanks to everyone!!!
Sue

(KCKO, KCFO) #41

You can cook one of these pizzas faster than going out to bring one home. Chicken and cheese crust with several options for toppings. We like the supreme or plain cheese and toss on our fav toppings. Cooking is just opening the package, putting it on a tray, placing in a preheated oven and waiting @25 mins.