Crashed at the 2 week mark

(matt ) #21

Well? Corn grows above ground, right? :wink: Thatā€™s probably what I miss the most. Corn. Corn bread. Corn chips. But I asked for advice and I will follow the advice. No starchy veggies to up my carbs, just more greens. Keep in mind I have colitis so salad is not an option, but Iā€™m sure there will be broccoli Thursday.

Corn is one of the worst things you can eat carb wise. The kernels are little stores of starch. Thatā€™s all they are. If you want corn flavor use baby corn in recipes.

Wow, eat more calories. I know itā€™s been discussed a hundred times and I know the science says to go ahead and eat till youā€™re not hungry, but it still feels SO WRONG to eat more if I can get away with less. Again, I will listen to all of you (who have a LOT more experience than I do) and trust the process. I can certainly eat whipped cream cheese till the grocery store shelves are empty, but I know weā€™re supposed to cool it with dairy so there again, Iā€™m torn.

Quit worrying about calories. 1500 is too low IMHO. Eat til you are full. Then stop.

I have no idea why I almost gag when I try to eat coconut oil from the jar. I love coconuts, I love anything coconut-flavored, but the coconut oil just doesnā€™t go down well. Iā€™ve even stopped putting it in my morning coffee and instead double up on the ghee. Too bad - it would be a perfect way to get more fat and kill hunger. Is there a taste difference between the refined and unrefined?

Are you whipping the coconut oil into the coffee? If not do that. the idea of just eating the oil off a spoon is not at all appealing to me either. Unrefined has a slight coconut flavor (I prefer this in coffee with HWC) and refined tastes like nothing.

(Jacquelyn Graham) #22

I take a Tablespoon or so of MCT oil, not coconut oil from the jar, I use regular coconut oil for cooking, and only eat it mixed with other things like in fat bombs. The MCT oil is a good sub for me for bulletproof coffee, since I canā€™t do dairy. MCT oil is tasteless to me and is always in a liquid state so I have no problem just swallowing it down in the morning.

(matt ) #23

Just to make sure Jackieā€™s post is 100% clear she is saying to cook with Coconut oil and use MCT for coffee.

DO NOT COOK WITH MCT.

(VLC.MD) #24

Gastric bypass cures diabetes.

(Jacquelyn Graham) #25

Thanks, I edited and clarified a bit more.