CoVid 19

(Karen) #1

I’ve always wondered if there’s some advantage to eating a ketogenic diet. Do we have fewer colds? Do we have fewer flus?

(Bunny) #2

May want to read this:

(Karen) #3

Interesting. I’m sure you cannot take very much copper, but should we be taking some copper?

(Bunny) #4

I would not be putting too much copper in my body or more than it needs, but not sure if it would help because it is going to come in contact with your immune system before the copper in your body can have an effect?

Wire mesh copper or copper coated face masks and gloves may not even exist and if they did, it would probably be hard to find now?

Spray (spray bottle) face masks with table salt?

I have some face masks:

They have a bendable metal to custom fit over nose.

(charlie3) #5

If there is an advantage to low carb it should be that it’s healthier. I’ve been doing low carb and exercise for two years and finally gotten serious about the sleep part recently. So along comes the virus. At 71 will my diligence pay off? I’m assuming there will be community spread and there’s no place to hide so being healthy is the only option.

Whenever sugars/starches are super-low, the immune system is much stronger - it’s a boon when doing battle with viruses or bad bacteria. :sparkles:

However, Low-carb/keto folks do vary a lot in our nutrient density assimilation and nutrient levels in the body, due to deranged guts and/or toxicities that we may still be sorting out. Digestive power and a healthy gut go a long way for health (in Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine, all health begins in the stomach/guts, so they focus heavily on strengthening the digestive fire, etc). Also, stress level and stress management have huge roles in how strong one’s immunity and digestion is even in best case scenarios. None of us are 100% immune in certain combined situations all the time, but in my experience actively combating the smallest early symptoms with nutrients/superfoods and other support (like good garlic soup and/or bone broth, followed by quality sleep!) can really turn things around in an otherwise well-nourished body.

Trace minerals boosting is powerful, as they are often lacking and they play a critical role in the body’s electrolytic powers (especially magnesium, which helps all systems of the body and some 1800K processes). And many of us are deficient in D3, which also plays a critical role in cellular health/immunity (I now take 5000 iu daily due to the new info on the halflife of D being one day). I take angstrom magnesium daily when warding off bugs, and in general I supplement with trace minerals via living clay and plenty of good salt for deep hydration.

Having various superfoods and remedies on hand is so reassuring if I do feel off (which I have, a couple of times in my almost 3 years of LCHF/keto, but have successfully quickly turned things around and warded off bugs by using superfood remedies or mineral support within hours and without succombing to one cold or flu the whole time).

I have a selection of them that comfort my soul… My two faves for the new virus concerns are ones with long histories of pro- immunity usage in the west (before pharmaceuticals sidelined them): Colloidal Silver (up to 7 tsps throughout the day if actively warding off a bad bug attack - it turns around MRSAs), and Iodine (I use nascent iodine which is highly absorbable). Both were major go-tos in medicine, along with protocols of abstaining from sugar while fighting a bug - before it became exclusively about chemical meds for the most part.

Others that I also have on hand as options are Zeolite cliptilolite mineral as well as Activated Charcoal - both of them simple but powerful adsorbants that sequester/capture bugs and other toxins and move them out of the body. Also Sodium Ascorbate/Vit C, Oscillococinum homeopathic for fluey feelings, and Ginger capsules for digestive power and general courage :muscle:

I also love various other herbal/superfood preparations - they can be quite powerful when taken at the very earliest onset of symptoms (Elderberry syrup, Echinacea-Goldenseal tincture), or others as essential oils to lend nice aromas when battling something bad by putting them in the bath or sprinkling on linens or just sniffing (Olbas oil blend comes in inhalers too). :herb:

(Ethan) #7

I like to think about it in the alternative. I was very unhealthy as a type-2 diabetic. With glucose out of control, I’d not have the strongest immune system. Being keto give ME an advantage over the other me. Whether or not it gives a healthy person an advantage, I can’t say. I am concerned about my family and also whether the glucose they’d give me on a ventilator would be my downfall.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #8

I’ve still gotten colds since eating keto, but not as bad or as long. I used to get bronchitis every year as a teenager, then less frequently as an adult I started getting it again after many years of no problems once I moved to China. Not every year like before though. But, two winters on keto and no bronchitis. So I’m hopeful that improving my overall health will have some protection.

(Karen) #9

That sounds encouraging. I had a shingles shot yesterday, the first one. They said I might have some flulike symptoms. Immunizations generally don’t give me much symptoms, although some people really feel them. This one; however, makes every joint hurt. It should rev up my immune system so maybe I’ll do OK if I’m exposed to CoVid.

You wanna know how stupid people have gotten over this coronavirus?

Corona beer sales have dropped 30% since this coronavirus BS started lol

As for me and getting sick on keto, I take a vitamin stack right after my first meal to keep my immune system up to par and any vitamins I’m not getting from being on keto.

I got a haircut the other day and the lady that was cutting my hair praise me for having shiny healthy hair. I contribute healthy hair, skin and not getting sick to my regimen of vitamins I take every day.

Plus I wash my hands at least 10 times a day and sanitize them when I’m out in public. This is a daily routine prior to the coronavirus outbreak I to suffered from chronic bronchitis and I’d been bronchitis free for several years now.

(Karen) #11

Time to stock up on beer.

closed #12