CoolSculpting

Has anyone tried it? I am close to my ideal weight, but certain areas (namely around the knees/inner thighs, belly above the C-section scar) are just not going away. I have been researching, and coolsculpting sounds like might be a good option for me. This, of course, will be in conjunction with continued keto, IF, and regular exercise.

I made an appointment for April 24, and can’t wait to hear if it might work for me.

Thoughts?

(Erin Macfarland ) #2

I have had it and yes it works. It takes at least a couple of months to see results and a few to see final results. It’s good for spot areas, it’s not painful and I got mine done at the dermatologist, they know what they’re doing, I don’t like those medi spas…the treated area is numb for a while, I actually wondered how my being keto would affect how my body would flush out the frozen fat cells. I’m happy with the results, it’s a good value for what you get. And for those who think this is shallow, maybe so but don’t criticize until you’ve been pregnant and your body turns on you, lol!

Yay!!! I am even more excited to get it done. Bring on the shallow! I deserve to look awesome after all the hard work and all the children I made :slight_smile:

(Erin Macfarland ) #4

I’m not the high maintenance type, i don’t get pedicures or go to the salon, but I love my dermatologist. You have to decide what is important to you and what makes you feel more comfortable in your skin. I like this procedure because it’s non invasive and I’ll never have surgery of the cosmetic variety. But there’s some good technology now for things like this that really work and aren’t crazy expensive. And yes, after being pregnant and nursing for over 8 years I feel like I earned having these kinds of things done! Eating keto and staying fit will get you a long way but being pregnant changes your body in a way that is hard to correct with good food and exercise!

(John) #5

My wife did it before keto to get rid of some of the fatty? loose skin from pregnancy and it worked pretty well. I carried most of my weight in my gut and have the same thing now, might have to give it a try myself.

(VAL) #6

Did you have the Coolscupting? If so, how did it go? Did being on Keto have any surprise effects? Thanks for any reply, I’m scheduled next week for cool sculpting and I wanted to see a follow up from you! Lol

Yes, I had it, and yes, I am extremely happy with the results. It did take two treatments per area for me to be satisfied though. My wallet is much lighter now, but I love what I see :joy::+1:

(VAL) #8

Thanks for the update! I’m a little nervous as I would never have anything evasive done because I’m a scaredy-cat!! But I’m glad your Coolsculpting all turned out well. I’m 47 and my youngest of 2 children is 21. I’m at my goal weight (thanks to Keto!) down 24 pounds in 4 months and finally feel like I’ve discovered this miracle to keeping my weight down (always yo-yoing before!) now to get rid of that little pudge that will never go away!

It really sounds like you are a great candidate, as was I. Best of luck, and be sure to come back and update.