Converting a store to keto

Unless it’s made up of stuff they sell anyways, they’re not gonna budge in most cases. They’ll just see it as extra work for a very small amount of people. I’m not sure about Stew Leonards, but we have Tom Leonards where I am (same company) and they’ve been miserable whenever I’ve asked for something, typically meat related.

(Bob M) #5

I also live in CT and would love to see more keto options. It’d be nice to have a keto pizza for instance.

(Running from stupidity) #6

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

(Bob M) #7

But these require you to cook them. It would be nice periodically to get something that’s cooked. It’s tough to do. You’re basically relegated to chicken, maybe some brisket or pulled pork, and then those might be very carby. Can you make your own? Sure, but my recipes for these involve several days of work (sous vide 24-36 hours, cooling down, then smoking).

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

The supermarkets in my area (Shelton, Connecticut) sell items that you can handle on a keto diet, but I am not sure if they would satisfy you. If you are looking for hot meals, then you’d have to make do with meatballs in sauce or rotisserie chicken. Otherwise, the selection of keto-friendly cold cuts is quite large.

If, on the other hand, you are looking for keto prepared foods in a box, Fathead pizza, or Brenda’s pork-rind waffles or pancakes served hot, then no. Even pork rinds are sometimes hard to find at the supermarket that carries them (the others don’t carry them at all).

(Running from stupidity) #9

Then maybe you need to expand your recipes in this area to make your life easier? Much as I love my sous vide, it’s far from the only option available.

(Bob M) #10

Shelton? That’s where I work. We’ll have to have a keto meal one day.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #11

A decent-sized pork picnic (shoulder joint) takes only an hour to an hour-and-a-half, tops, and gives you meals for days. A beef roast takes longer, but ditto.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #12

I live over by Huntington Green. You work on Bridgeport Ave.?

(Bob M) #13

Near it, work on Research Drive, between Commerce and Trap Falls.

(Bob M) #14

After doing these, I can’t go back to regular stuff:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #15

Our Wegmans has a great selection of pork rinds but someday they are nearly sold out. Not sure yet if it is supply or demand issue. We link them plainvbut do get flavored if that is all they have.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #16

Let’s do lunch!

(Bob M) #17

Sounds good. Might not be until the third week in January, though. The first “week” (Wed-Fri), I assume I’ll be overwhelmed, and the second week, I was going to fast 4.5 days. I’m trying to hit a 4.5 day fast every 1-2 months. So, I’ll see what it looks like and contact you.

(Running from stupidity) #18

Get a room, guys!

(Melika) #19

Wow. Such great fast feedback. I can typically get brussel sprouts, broccoli rabe, and salads. But listening to the podcast about RD86 keto menu made me think how i love the ease of prepared foods. No questions on how it is made. Finding the 2 keto dudes pod cast-forum is great!

(Jeff Henderson) #20

So many CT people. I’m in Brookfield and would meet up for a lunch let me know.

(Melika) #21

Would be cool to do syate by state lists for supports, hints, and sharing…

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #22

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #23

There are some pretty decent restaurants along Route 25 . . .