Constipation? Problem solved!

Hello everyone! After 2 months into keto I found myself struggling with constipation. Despite my big salad for lunch and veggies for supper (plus olive oil, avogados, nuts, ecc) I wasn’t “going”. I found the solution with a small muffin a day made with almond flour and wheat bran. Smooth… To who it might interest, the recipe is: 1 cup of almond flour, 1 cup of wheat bran, 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1 ts.baking soda, 1 ts. baking powder, vanilla, 3 eggs, 1 cup blueberries, stivia, water. Bake 350 for 30 minutes. Make 8 muffins. 7 gr. net carbs each.

(Janelle) #2

I’m glad it’s working for you but it’s usually not a lack of fiber causing constipation. Magnesium Citrate has made a world of difference for me, staying hydrated helps too.

These muffins contain more than half of my daily allowance of carbs per muffin.

(Chris) #3

Yes. Conversely, my 33? year constipation problem from childhood to 2 years ago was alleviated by cutting that indigestible garbage out of my life for good.

(Davey B ) #4

Agreed with the experience of supplementing Magnesium Citrate. Start with lower dose am and pm and titrate up if necessary. Also great for relief of muscle cramping

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

Gut health and constipation! Oh my! 😐
Fibre - is it the high carb diet's last straw? Keto bashing in the mainstream. "There goes the keto diet!", predicted the celebrity doctor