Concerning health issues

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

So, I’ve been pretty lazy… Eating a lot… More cals than I really need, I’m sure. Out of boredom, mostly. But still, 100% Keto.

But 3 x’s now, I’ve had spells where I felt just terrible… Mostly just nauseated, like I was getting the flu. The thing is, with each of these 3 x’s, it lasted no more than a couple hours. The first time, it was 2 hrs before I went to bed. Woke up and felt fine. Another time, I felt so terrible, I just curled into a fetal position on the couch. 2 hrs later, I was fine. Then yesterday, the same thing ? Spooky thing is, my GF, had this exact same thing one time 2 weeks ago.

Now of course, with all the Corona Virus thing going on, we have to wonder… But apparently we don’t even qualify to be tested for it :frowning:

We have both been super good about social distancing… She hasn’t been out one time in 3 weeks… And I’ve been out only twice (with a respirator, and hand sanitizer which I used 5 or 8 times during my outing) for grocery shopping… Wait, I lied, We went out together on a little nature drive 3 x’s. Never left the vehicle, nor came into personal contact with anyone.

I mean, I guess its possible we could have contracted the virus before all the shelter in place stuff came up, and have both been “mostly” asymptomatic… Doesn’t seem likely to me, but Id sure like for us both to be tested. Hmmm. Your thoughts ?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

Probably something you ate, nausea is not a symptom of COVID-19.

(Joey) #3

Yeah, a @amwassil notes, nausea is not cited as a typical COVID-19 reaction. This is not a digestive tract virus … like many other flu experiences you’re likely familiar with.

So since you and your girlfriend have both experienced stomach upset/nausea, it sounds more like either something you both ate, or some bug you both shared.

Hope you’re (both) feeling better soon!

p.s. lack of dry cough and/or fever would also suggest that it’s not COVID-19.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #4

Well, I kind of agree, iot does seem like that… but I have not eaten anything big, or crazy, or different than I normally do ?

Its weird, but honestly, it feels very much like I have felt when I overdosed on caffeine (on rare occasion) from too much, or too strong of coffee… or on an empty stomach …but the timing is all wrong, for when I consume my big blast of caffeine ? If this were it, I should be getting sick every day at 10 or 11am after my 22oz mug of triple strength… yet I feel fine !

I certainly haven’t eaten “the same bad thing” each of these 3 times ?

Hmmm. Just weird, and somewhat concerning.

(Susan) #5

Maybe you are eating too much of your much loved Sucralose?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6

Probably a Sucralose overdose! Or maybe KETO bread with gluten. :joy::joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #7

Sorry you’re not feeling 100%, @FishChris. My mum reminded me of something today: things OTHER than coronavirus are all still there! Colds, norovirus, diabetes, ear infections, UTIs, feeling ‘not quite right’, amongst many, many other things, are all very much still there. Covid19 doesn’t have a monopoly.

Give yourself a break and be kind to yourself. Try to eat and move and chill and sleep and do your everyday stuff as you normally would.

#beFishChris

:kissing_heart:

The fetal position is what I experienced this morning from recovering from the coronavirus but I have a feeling I still have a viral load in my heart.

What are your blood types?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

Something like nausea can be a sign of eating past satiety. Perhaps find something else to do with your mouth, rather than eat. (Oh, for heaven’s sake, just get your minds out of the gutter, will you all? :rofl: )

Seriously, what I am referring to is what Dr. Cywes refers to as the need to deal with our “addictive issues.” He recommends having a cup of coffee or other non-caloric liquid handy to give us something to put in our mouths, other than food. (Stop it, I say; just stop it, lol!)

('Jackie P') #10

You seem like a chilled out kind of guy but could it be stress? I have found myself quite stressed at times lately. I felt light headed and a bit breathless and realised I just wasn’t breathing properly. I walked out to the seafront and breathed really deeply and felt better. Also stress can make you suddenly feel tired, it’s exhausting actually. I have felt it in waves. It’s hard not to absorb what is going on in the world beyond our control.
Take care both of you.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #11

Hey Paul, as I have admitted, I have certainly ate more than I needed to lately, but not like overstuffing in a single sitting… Well maybe a couple times, but even then, that wasn’t when I got this sudden crash, and nausea. Really, I’ve just been eating more stuff in between meals. So I dunno ?

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #12

Hmmmm. Stress is a weird thing. I am definitely concerned about a lot of things right now…
In the front of my mind I feel like I’m handling things pretty well. But subconsciously, I’m not 100% sure.

(Jane) #13

I hope things are better for you soon! I ordered some oat fiber from Amazon to try your bread. Already had the vital wheat gluten from my previous bread-making days.

I live out in the sticks so even with prime it won’t be here until Friday. I hope it makes it so I can try it this weekend. If it’s UPS and they miss the date I won’t get it until a week from today.

(charlie3) #14

More likely your subconscious is worrying about the virus and your thinking mind isn’t there yet. It’s a very legitimate cause for anxiety but will express in all kinds of indirect ways. Emotions come from the brain but the only way to FEEL them is some reaction in the rest of the body. An Uncle of mine who was a psychoanalyist told me there are no emotions without a body to express them.

I would just isolate a few days and see what happens. If you start running a fever then maybe call for medical advice.

I personally think this thing has been circulating for a while and is just now peaking. Many have probably had it and thought it was flu or a seasonal virus. I hadn’t given it much thought, but our community has a small college and one of the students came off break from a foreign country back in mid-January and was admitted to a hospital within days. The whole hospital was quarantined and rumors of maybe him having ebola we’re spreading fast. The CDC was brought in, but within days he made a turn for the good and was released. My point is that doctor obviously was seeing something very unusual with this guy. To my knowledge a reason for his illness was never given. Might not have been covid-19, but the timing was close.

Some of these old people dying of what was said to be pneumonia might of been caused by Covid-19.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #16

Thanks guys. I’ve felt fine today, but it’s been so random, and only a couple hours at a time. I really won’t know for a week or two… Since it was literally a week between my first and second episode, but same exact symptoms.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #17

I hear you, but still think that nausea is not one of the symptoms of a respiratory virus. Just keep an eye on things, and above all, don’t eat any food that might have gone off. A friend of mine, a nurse practitioner, says that there is no such thing as the “stomach flu.” She believes that there is a lot more salmonellosis and other types of food poisoning going on than we are really aware of.

Stay safe; stay healthy!

(Blake) #18

Hey Chris, this post caught my eye because I’ve had the exact same thing happen over the past week or two. For me it was general weakness and malaise, and even feeling feverish, though no real fever to speak of. And just when I’m starting to think I’ve got something, it goes away again, having never lasted more than a few hours or so. The transition from feeling 100% to maybe 60% was so quick, it definitely got my attention. But then it would just disappear. I finally just chalked it up to being hyper aware of the possibility of getting sick these days. Often it would be a day after having to go out grocery shopping or something. If it was psychosomatic, it sure felt real!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #19

Hey Blake, Yea, that was really crappy for the short spells that it hit me. I haven’t had any more episodes like that for going on a week now, and hopefully I won’t.
To be honest, I would really like to find out later (when the antibody test becomes available) that my GF and I did actually have the virus, but beat it, as then we would be much less likely to get it again…
I know folks will say my symptoms were not indicative of Covid 19, but I’m telling you, it was every bit as bad as the worst part of a flu, for the few short periods I had it… And my GF had the exact same thing once. It hit her so bad she had to sit down on the porch, and almost could get up to get herself to the couch. When she finally did, it was really bad for a couple hours, but tapered off by the time she went to bed. She was fine the next day. Oh, and don’t know if I said so, but her super sick few hours was not even the same day as mine, so definitely not something we ate.

(Ken) #20

Consists, please post your experience with the virus over on the Coronovirus Part II thread. You’re the second case on the board I know of so far.
Thanks
Ken