Collagen Peptides?

(Heather Meyer) #1

So last summer i bought a container of unflavoured collagen peptides… What do you do with it? I dont drink soup really and it didnt work too well in my tea… so how can i take it and reap the most results from it?

I take hydrolysed marine collagen powder…it took me a while to figure out how best to consume it given that it’s a little bit gross. I found the best way was to just mix it smooth with a little boiling water and lemon juice, top it up with cold water and down it in one big gulp!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #3

And what are the benefits?

(Chris) #4

No idea what the individual peptides do, but supplementing collagen or collagen protein is good for skin, hair, nail, and tendon growth / repair. Great for it, actually. This is part of the reason bone broth and marrow itself are great for us.

I put it in tea or coffee.

(Jane) #6

I put a scoop in my coffee every morning. Can’t taste it. Although I also have butter, HWC and stevia in it so no wonder! :grin:

(Allie) #7

Add them to coffee

(Laurie) #9

I read that maybe you shouldn’t heat it, and I don’t drink smoothies. So I put a scoop or two of collagen powder in semi-solid foods that won’t be heated – such as homemade yogurt dip, liver pâté, and salmon salad. This means I don’t get an exact measured amount each day, but I don’t mind.