This resource guide gives you instant access to every tool that Dr. Jeff Banas recommends to his sports medicine patients, athletes he coach and the hacks he used to go from a 270 pound fat man to a 8 time Ironman Triathlon Finisher
101 Unique, Cutting Edge “Non Run of the Mill” Performance, Fat Loss and Recovery Hacks
It’s jam-packed practical things you can use to enhance fat loss, recovery and sports performance.
Cold Thermogenesis Easy Start Guide
COLD THERMOGENESIS (CT)
CT training should be done at sunrise or after dinner.
CAUTION: If you have a serious health condition, please consult a medical doctor before beginning a CT regimen. Immediately stop treatment if you experience light-headedness or a pale pink to white coloration of the skin.
Cold Thermogenesis Benefits:
• Lower body fat
• Increase hormone levels
• Reproductive fitness!
• Reverse diabetes
• Cut food cravings
• Kill fat permanently
• Strengthen adrenal function
• Fix thyroid disorder
• Super immune function
• Deep sleep
• Pain management
• Sense of well being and better attitude
• Cut visceral fat first
• Promote cessation of eating disorders
BEFORE every CT session:
• Eat a high fat and/or protein meal
AFTER every CT session:
• Immediately drink 16-32oz of ice cold water. DO NOT drink more than 32oz.
What you need: skin thermometer, a timer, ice, and a bathroom sink or larger bowl.
- Remove make-up or facial products
- Get the water between 50-55 degrees
- Dunk your face into the ice water and hold as long as you can
- Record time and dunk again
- Continue for the next two weeks and work your way to using less breaths
- DO NOT let your skin temperature fall below 50-55 degrees
Compression Shirt & Ice:
- Lay down flat on your back
- Place a 20-40 lbs block of ice on your torso (whilst wearing compression shirt )
- Try to extend your time 5 minutes a time until you get to 60 minutes
- You will notice your skin is pink to cherry read and numb in places
- If you can complete the 60 minutes- remove the compression shirt and place the bag of ice directly on the skin
Note: If you develop cold urticaria at this time, this is a sign you have high levels of tissue and serum omega six content. Stop the experiment and adjust your diet until you have a blood omega six to three ratio that is below 10 to 1 using a ketogenic paleolithic diet.
When you can tolerate the skin being covered for one hour with pink to cherry red skin you’re now ready for the Cold Tub step!
Full Body Immersion with Ice or sit in cold pool or river:
- Fill the bathtub with cold tap water
- Wear socks, gloves, and a knitted cap to keep the heat in your body
- Add 20 lbs of ice to chest and abdomen
- When your body is use to the ice you can remove the socks, gloves, and cap
- DO NOT let your temperature fall below 50-55 degrees
- Stay for 45 minutes
- Continue daily 2-5 times a week
Full Body Immersion with NO Ice:
- Jump into a pool, lake, or hot tub from the neck down
- Stay for 10-20 minutes
- Pay attention to skin color
Here is more info on Cold Thermogenesis