Cola zero

(Geoffrey) #21

I get that.
I use to never drink water but even before I went carnivore I had starting drinking water on a regular basis. Since I have sworn off any kind of sweetener I really don’t have any other choice. I do drink one cup of bulletproof tea in the morning but that’s it.
I will admit that I prefer my water ice cold. I would still drink it at room temp but probably not as much.
I almost never go anywhere with out my insulated tumbler filled with ice and water. If I know I’m going to gone for a long time I’ll even bring a thermos filled with ice water to refresh my tumbler.
I think I actually crave that ice cold water going down my throat.

(Mark Rhodes) #22

I drink lots of water…filtered through coffee beans. :sunglasses:

But seriously I bought a soda stream and carbonate my water with a few electrolyte drops and one Lugol’s Iodine drop per bottle

I still drink mostly not water, at least now that I desire warm drinks. I even have a sore throat today and drank zero pure water. Just tea and coffee. Normally I do drink some water. Water is good. I just need some variety so I always drink liters of tea/coffee every day. It’s easier using tea but I had times when I only drank coffee until the evening, it works as it’s mostly water but I don’t consider it right.
I like carbonated water but not when I have a sore throat as that must be drank cold. I only like cold water and warm water if I must. I spit out lukewarm water, I just can’t drink that. I can drink coffee and tea at all temperature (well, not super hot) but I prefer them warm.
When I manage to quit coffee, that’s tough as I need tons of water and if it’s all tea, that’s boring even with some decent variety. (I need to buy more tea. I don’t have a decent black and I almost only like black tea.)
A big part of our water intake may come from our food (and not close to zero calorie drinks like milk or egg milk, I often drink those). I don’t have that (my high-carber SO does. and he almost exclusively drinks tap water. wow. I do appreciate water sometimes but my limits are elsewhere) but it’s possible. And even a little can help when we are bored of water and simple drinks.
I do love soups but I can’t make them every day with only a little effort. I had a decent amount of water from soup every day as a kid. A proper Hungarian lunch contains soup so mine virtually always had it, be it at school or at home. At home I had seconds and thirds, sometimes sixths but that was in my adulthood when I used lovely small bowls… Still don’t understand the fat-loss idea with smaller plates, I just have seconds and thirds etc. then… But surely it works for some.

(Geoffrey) #24

That sounds like a good idea.
When I did drink cokes it wasn’t so much about the flavor as much as it was the feeling of the carbonation.

(Richard M) #25

Agree 100%.

Fresca’s the best thing ever! I’ve been addicted to it since I was a kid, my 9yo would kill a 12 pack in a day if I let him.

I have no shortage of uncontrollable hunger issues, but aspartame isn’t one of them. For me the biggest part is making sure I’m eating enough regularly and keeping my protein up, as long as I do that most of the hunger triggers I have behave. I don’t have the study in front of me but there was one mentioned on a podcast I listened to that showed a lot of the issues people have with the artificial sweeteners are just screwed up guy bacteria, which I have no problem believing. Since actively working on that I’ve been much better off. I think that’s just actual artificial ones thought, not real alternative sweeteners.

(Marianne) #27

Thank you - there’s hope! :grin: