Chuck Roast overload

(Kro) #1

Just ate Sunday dinner an man was that Crock pot fall apart Chuck roast good. Just wondering how much is to much? I ate well over a pound including fat. It was good and I good have ate more. That is all I had at dinner while wife had mashed potatoes and corn and rolls. I just kept eating the meat.:slight_smile:

(Robin) #2

I swear I could eat a whole roast and be fine. I just go till my off switch gets flipped. I can’t remember how long you’ve been at this. If you’re newish or not totally adapted yet, that switch may not be fully functioning yet.

I wouldn’t give it a second thought. I think chuck roast is one of the most nourishing, satiating foods you could overeat. Just channel your inner caveperson, and enjoy having eaten such a satisfying meal. Unlike carbage, I find it’s pretty hard to overeat meat for more than a couple of days running. You will probably naturally balance it out over coming days.

That’s a very nice amount if you ask me :slight_smile: Gimme that with a bunch of eggs and I call it a meal!

What is a whole roast? It can be very big, it depends on the slab we use… Be it pork or beef, the area for chuck is pretty big. Or there is something I don’t know? You folks have pork chops in tiny slices too while I can go and buy a 4.5kg boneless slab…

EDIT: I felt my answer lacking.

What could possibly be too much in that I wonder?
Unless you ate until you became uncomfortably full (it doesn’t seem so and it’s pretty hard for most of us using only meat) or this caused overeating, that’s not good but otherwise…

A pound of meat isn’t much even if fatty. (How anyone can think that I never understood.)
It may be too much for someone for the actual meal, sure but it’s a nice amount of nutritious food. And it may be way too little for someone who mostly eats meat. Or just need more calories for the meal.

I looked it up in a database the site I use for tracking use. Obviously reality isn’t so fixed.
IDK if we talk about raw weight but that’s the informative one…

Beef chuck is 630 kcal, pork chuck is 837 kcal per pound. Even you eat one pound of both, I saw no problems. There may be, I don’t know anything about your tastes and needs and other items but the calories aren’t too high, protein isn’t too high unless one has some condition and it’s too much… I ate more protein on an average day so it’s still okay for me, a bit needless but I need my high protein to feel right and satiated…
But only one pound? Nutrients galore, adequate protein if one has a lowish need, I easily can add my 10 eggs and still not too high protein for me…
I can’t see any problem, honestly. And I am sure almost(?) everyone in the carnivore thread ate more than a mere pound of fatty meat in one sitting before :smiley: And it felt good.

Obviously if you already ate your food during the day and needed no more, a pound of meat is too much. I can add a night meat eating unnecessarily but it usually only happens when I ate okay but very low-meat… I better don’t neglect my meat eating during the day.
And I just decided yesterday to try eating a pound of pork chuck roast for my first meal every day (I have 2.3kg, a bit above 5 pounds so it will last for a little while). It sounds such a wonderful amount, perfect for my actual goals, my tastes and needs. Its fattiness suits me. Absolutely no problem at all.

Being forced to eat only a slice of meat at family dinners or anywhere else, that is the problem. It’s so much better to focus on the food my body prefers. And so, so great when I find the best food the tastiest. This bliss won’t get ruined by people with weird ideas about the right meat amount. And I don’t eat much meat anyway. Never did 2, 3 or 4 pounds of meat a day like some carnivores :smiley: It would have been too much for me anyway. (I did 2 but only very occasionally and not in one sitting except for chicken. That thing can’t satiate me.)

eat all the meat and fat you want. believe me you can’t go wrong on giving this to your body :slight_smile: it helps heal/repair and gives us better health as we change.

chuck. I can eat alot of it and do :slight_smile: and no a lb. is not too much. you wanted some more, eat some more til you are full and happy.