Chocolate!

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #21

Ok, after searching, I can’t find anything about oxalate content in cacao butter. Not cocao, cacao. Anyone know? I’m more curious than concerned, but it would be nice to know.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #22

I use sweetener (Sucralose) in my coffee… And my GF uses Sucralose and a few other different sweeteners (Stevia and monkfruit) in her keto baked recipes and deserts. I eat a little of it here and there…
But I really don’t feel like I have any hard core cravings for sweetened stuff. I can eat a little and I’m good. What I have to be really careful with is beef ! … Or other real meal foods, or dinners.
I enjoy a few bites of sweetened stuff mixed with a lot more good, healthy foods, and I don’t see any reason to completely quit eating sweet stuff. For myself I mean.
It’s just kind of funny that I ate as much or more sugary cr@p than anybody, and yet now I have no problems eating too many sweets.

(Hannah Conway) #23

This stuff is amazeballs! And only 7 net carbs for 2 table spoon. It really hits the spot after a long day stressful day at work.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #24

“Only” 7 carbs per 2 tablespoons ? WAY too many carbs. Not really even keto.

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #25

If it’s within her carb limit, and only eaten occasionally, it’s sure as hell better than a lot of alternatives.

(Hannah Conway) #26

How is this not keto? And i only eat this if im under 10 carbs by the end of the say so im still under 20 net carbs.

Ahem! ONE net carb.

16g carbs - 9g fiber - 6g sugar alcohols (erythritol) = 1 net carb

Unfortunately, $6.99 for 11 ounces from Netrition and $5.37 with a special discount from Vitacost.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #28

I’m okay with the -9 gm of fiber… But I’m skeptical about alcohol sugars. And besides all that, Sucralose tastes better anyway. I wish more food makers would figure this out.

(Hannah Conway) #29

Even better! i forgot to minus the sugar alcohols!!

(Kirk Wolak) #30

Yeah, this is why I make my own chocolate and add splenda to it.
I don’t tolerate it very well. Apparently it is high in Oxalates. My gout will start acting up!
(Warning Gout, I call it. Not a full attack, just enough to remind me… Back off the chocolate, LOL). But at least no migraines.

So, lectings -> Migraines, Oxalates -> Gout (For me)
Carob, unfortunately has lectins, otherwise, I like the taste better. Less bitter!