Chicken Pizza Crust Options

You do! I tell you what would go great with that - spinach. I made a spinach crust the other day which wasn’t great but I was thinking of incorporating some in the chicken base.

(Becky Searls) #42

Yeah true. Just very salty for me. Maybe I can find it without salt and play around with adding garlic and other fun things to the crust to add actual flavor, not just sodium :slight_smile: Tho I admit, I felt all salted up after! Nice!

(Becky Searls) #43

Nice, this is great to know. I agree about the filling-ness! I was all set after 2 peices…till I went back for 3 more…then regretted that lol. :slight_smile: I always notice a point while eating where I have this natural breather and pause. I think I need to start paying attention to it more and stopping then. That’s the satiety signal. I often push past it a bit because I’m afraid that since I fast so much I wont get enough calories and then my resting metabolic rate might slow…but more ands more that just doesn’t seem as important as simply listening to my body. Thoughts?

Resting metabolic rate, daily calorie intake and fasting are tricky mechanisms.

Short answer: Personally, I wouldn’t worry about it too much (though, at points in my own trials on myself I’ve wondered some similar things, or that I wasn’t replacing nutrients sufficiently).If you aren’t hungry, feel free to stop. A bit later you may even just need some more water or salt (or both) if you didn’t get enough of those. But, don’t go with just what I say on that.

Longer answer:

The thing about fasting is it should help you maintain or raise your metabolism while still consuming less overall calories. There’s been different tests of this using different forms of fasting (long term, daily IF, 2day fast/5day feed IF, etc) and the indications I’ve seen and explinations for the mechanisms indicate that your metabolism shouldn’t drop much, and should even raise in some conditions, despite lowering overall calories (or despite not lowering calories). That said, there are the clear indications that outside of fasting, simply reducing calories does eventually reduce metabolism (and increasing eventually increases metabolism).
I’d defer to better sources on that though and make your own decisions.
I personally like Dr. Fung’s blog and presentations that frequently deal with the matter:
Intensive Dietary management
But I know a lot of other people find LeanGains helpful (and, while I don’t read it regularly, when i have checked it out I’ve enjoyed the information and analysis of other information. He actually get’s more in depth with the science from time to time, including considering conflicting information better)
LeanGains

But, that may all be better addressed in the fasting forum.

(Becky Searls) #45

Thank you for the thoughtful reply!!

Just made this (was about to start another thread!) based on the Keto Connect recipe and really loved it!

I used fresh tomatoes instead of sauce. It was superb.

(Karim Wassef) #47

reviving this thread…

anyone still making this kind of pizza?

(Carol) #48

I just made my first one last week. I liked it just fine.

(Karim Wassef) #49

Can you make it without almond or coconut flower at all? Maybe just ground chicken and shredded Parmesan ?

What about using chicken pieces vs ground chicken? Any method better than the other?

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #50

There are a few options, I’ve enjoyed this one