Charts, graphs, places to enter my data

(Niamh) #1

I’m not a techie, and not on FB or areas where charts and graphs might be everywhere. I’m trying to find a graph, chart I can plug in my glucose results, ketones, GKI etc… I see other peoples information on these used in prolong fasts, but not seeing a source for them.
In one of my recent posts Bob had one but it looks like its source is a freestyle meter. Can people share where they get their charts, graphs or any tools that might motivate me in the charting, graph arena (even if there is a fee for them). This kind of accountability is very new to me…
I do have the keto mojo APP but I’m wanting some of the graphs that I can see and share on my laptop.
Thank you!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Do you have access to a spreadsheet program on your desktop or tablet? Most apps export data in a format that can be imported into any spreadsheet program.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #3

It’s not a matter of a ‘chart I can plug in my glucose results, ketones’.… etc. You have to have the data in a format that can be used by a chart/graph application. Whatever application you’re using to accumulate your raw data might already have the capability to chart/graph it in some manner or other. If not, then it must also have the capability to export that data in some format usable by either a spreadsheet or graph application. Generally, the most common and useful data export format is .csv. If you can dump the data as a .csv file you can import it into virtually any spreadsheet, then use the spreadsheet to generate graphs. It takes a bit of learning to figure out how to do all this, but it’s not rocket science and there are lots of online tutorials to walk you through the process, probably even with the applications you’re using.

(Bob M) #4

This is a Free Style meter program. I bought my original Libre CGM from Sweden, and there was no US program. So, I had to “tunnel” into Canada, and get the Canadian program. I was using a Canadian program with a Swedish meter.

I usually use Excel for data, but I use Excel a bit. I’m no expert in Excel (tons I don’t know how to do), but a lot of the data is just numbers and graphs. I don’t remember how to create a graph, so I search something like “create graph in excel”, and then follow the instructions.

I do know how to add simple “equations” into Excel. But if I don’t, I just search (eg, “how to use equation excel”).

I like to use Google sheets because it is free and does just enough for what I want. It is pretty intuitive, like most Google programs, which can sometimes be a problem. The graphs it first selects can be way off or just perfect. No in between. It works just like excel but with less. It is really easy to make changes once a graph is created.