Ceramic non-stick pan recommendations?

Nothing is perfect. I think I just suck at cooking!

I even watched the video (great video) and tried to cook eggs in stainless steel, they stuck!

I have a bunch of ceramic they range from I truly despise them to not bad. I own several types of stainless. I love them for everything except eggs. I have cast iron and Le Creuset. I have a pan collection. I should be the greatest chef but I am not!

I looked at the Rock but it still has some type of treatment, I do not remember what but ceramic is earth friendlier. Some of my ceramics started out ok but if they were put in the dishwasher or not cleaned well enough it was all over. I have been eyeing copper lately but not sure. How safe is titanium. I will not use it in sunscreen but not sure about cooking

(Becky) #22

Thank you For posting this video Sophie! I love my 30 year old set of farberware stainless steel and know I’m going to appreciate it even more!

(Todd Allen) #23

I got a couple of very inexpensive ceramic pans from ALDI, Crofton brand, and like them a lot. As good or better non-stick wise as any teflon pans I’ve had. And I like that they are light colored and not black. They have held up perfectly for 6 months, but I treat them gently and don’t cook at high temps with them.

Didn’t non-stick pans come about because people were told to use minimal butter and oil in their diets? Us keto folks don’t have that problem I thought? In all seriousness non-stick is nice for eggs but since I refuse to own plastic utensils I cook everything in clad stainless pans with metal utinsils and have never had a problem unless I made a mistake with accidental high heat or lack of fat in the pan. Since I’m always trying to add more fat, adding copious amounts of butter to prevent sticking seems ideal.

I have the Le Crueset skillets and crepe pan, a touch of margarine goes a long ways to prevent sticking. Keto crepes are fantastic.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #27

Forgot to come back to the thread and mention, I picked up a two-pack of Lodge cast iron skillets from Costco a few weeks ago, and while there was a slight learning curve, they are working quite nicely for us.

One nice treat is that we are now making fritattas, since the pans can start on the stovetop and go right in the oven to finish. And they come out pretty easily now that the pans are getting thoroughly seasoned.

We’ve only done steak once (ribeye) and that worked pretty well, too, but kinda messy.

(Travis Mcdaniel) #28

Best ceramic cookware must be toxin-free, easy to clean, non-porous with ceramic glazed surface.

Fantastic video. DH and I have several S/S pans and keep them unused for the most part because of the sticking problem. Being a keto monster of course I would use mega oil, so will be experimenting after my @Brenda fast! Thank you. :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Hmm Le Creuset is a good choice too, but if the price is putting you off why don’t you try this Zwilling ceramic nonstick fry pan. It works pretty well and it won’t hurt your wallet.

(Brian) #32

The comment is a little old, but I figured I’d chime in anyway…

Have you watched any of the YouTube videos that demonstrate how to season a stainless steel frying pan? It would seem that you can season one of those in similar fashion to a cast iron pan and make it nearly non-stick. I’ve been wanting to try this with a stainless pan that we have, just haven’t done it yet.

(Rob) #34

I see I’m very late to this party, but appreciate the link! I have some nice stainless but after using it once or twice they basically became decorative cuz everything stuck. I look forward to finding out why the person who recommended them raved about them.

(Dan Dan) #35

Hope this helps :wink:

Quick Lesson

Detailed Lessons

Heating Pan

Adding Oil

Adding Meat

How to Control Pan Temperature

Cooking & Finishing

Developing the Sucs for Pan Sauces

Deglazing Pan Sauces

Searing on the Stove Top

:bacon: :fried_egg: :cut_of_meat:
Here is the youtube channel with lots of lessons and tips :smiley:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzgZlpRXkc67z1KmlQMfSSg/videos?disable_polymer=1

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

Thank you! We use stainless steel, ceramic and aluminium foil. We also have a Neoflam pan which seems to be holding up well.