Causes of a weight loss stall?

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

I hadn’t been real concerned about it, as I really wasn’t trying to lose much more weight anyway. 10 or 15 more lbs maybe.
But, the fact is, I lost very close to 25lbs in the first 5 weeks, and now I’ve maybe lost 2 or 3 lbs in the last 3 weeks :confused: Hmmm.
I’m not really counting anything, but I’m sure carbs have been less than 20 a day. Zero cheats in 8 weeks, and I am positive their won’t ever be any. My excercising has been pretty hardcore at times …but not very consistent. Work, and time constraints ya’ know…
The only thing I really worry about, is maybe eating too much protein. Could that do it ?
I think I’m probably eating about 2000-2300 cals a day (as compared to my 4000-5500 a day 4 years ago right before I injured my back. Not near as much muscle to feed now though :slightly_frowning_face:
Oh and I’m only eating two meals a day… On kind of a 14-10 to say 18-6 daily fast.
At what point should I try something more drastic ?

That really should be the expectation for someone that is not morbidly obese. Caloric restriction doesn’t cause fast weight loss. Exercise even less so.

It’s likely at least some of that first 25 pounds was simply water released when you went into ketosis. You probably also have less food traveling through your digestive tract.

As you go into ketosis and the stores of glycogen in the body go down, a lot of water bound to the glycogen can also be released. That flushing of water sometimes takes along some electrolytes, which can cause “keto flu”.

(mole person) #3

A pound a week when you only have 10-15 pounds to lose is a great rate. It took me a solid year to lose the last ten and that was on 23/1.