Carnivore Issue

Hi hon. I may be mistaken on this (I’ve been reading tons of articles and they all start to become a blur, lol) but didn’t Amber experience that? I thought she found that she needed to up her animal fat intake?

(Norma Laming) #22

Hi! I was just thinking that, too. Yes Amber did experience that and she was in a couple of very helpful podcasts talking about that but unfortunately I can’t remember which ones. Perhaps it was on Carnivore Cast? I’d very much like to re-listen to those ones, so if anyone remembers please do post here!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #23

Jimmy Moore is carnivore isn’t he? And Amber O’Hearn is looking heavier recently too. :cowboy_hat_face:

Thanks so much. I will keep you posted as to how I do with all this.

It’s really impossible to know how Jimmy Moore eats, since he tends to cycle in and out of various plans. I have not seen recent photos of Amber O’Hearn, but I’ve read that she seems to be heavier, so my experience may not be all that uncommon.

a general reply with my thoughts on some things on all this
this is just from info read thru other’s experiences and how they live or don’t live on carnivore etc. Just speculations, thoughts and guesses on some of it all but it puts it all in a more ‘packaged’ thinking for me and carnivore and the people doing it.

First is you never ever know what people are eating :slight_smile: As much as we hear from people say I only eat this and this…you never know ever. So take it all with a grain of salt when trying to compare ourselves with others.

Then you got the big time super exercisers. Take Charles Washington for example. He runs. He loves it, does it, shows pics of him all the time doing marathons and 5K races and all that. So you know his leaner meaner body type combined with carnivore will be a bit different than those more couch tater carnivores. (again personal thoughts here out for chatting)

Then you got me. I move for only outside activities. Ride horses, kayak, hike, bike, walk. I never do the gym. I don’t lift weights or anything. I just move and do things when weather etc. permits and I have time. So I don’t believe I will ever be as lean and mean as a super exerciser on carnivore.

Then the body. If one stays true 100% carnivore, we are gonna lose down and have a lean body. But at some point the body also knows where it wants to be. It might ask for a few lbs. put back on because that is you personally. Your body and set points and all that. Or we are eating a bit more. Or moving less. Or something hormonal is happening. Our body never just sits still. It will change as it has to change on its’ timeline as we age and more and will do what it requires without our permission or our thoughts about it. It does react to our outside environment situations also. So many factors we can’t control ever.

So I think Mare made a great point in that she knows her past. She has gone thru some personal things that gave her a bit of a red flag and she is compiling that personal info to suit her and take action.

I think in the end that is all any of us can do. It is never black and white. The shades of grey are going to happen and if we draw on our own past experiences and throw in some other info we get out there we can take a course of action and feel good about doing it. Knowing we are doing for ourselves personally.

so just some chat on things and any chat back is welcomed :slight_smile:

(hottie turned hag) #27

Yes, why are you suddenly ravenous if nothing else has changed…I was “almost” carnivore for months to break a stall which it DID at first then I stalled again, I was eating a LOT (big appetite as you state) and a lot of fatty meat, not gaining but not losing any more, I dropped fat and reintro-ed a few veg and apples (just the past 3 weeks or so) and am visibly smaller :smiley: because I’m eating less and appetite dropped which kind of surprised me.

I was scared to reintro the veg and apples but was out of things to try, to start losing again.

I’m at 115 trying to get to 100-105 btw.

It bugs the crap out of me why a method that worked great for months stopped working so I’m going to check back in here and see how it goes for you, as that is exactly what happened to you.

The having to change the menu to break stalls is super annoying!

I lost 60+ lbs having 5lb mozz/week and lots o’veg and deli meat mainly, then had to eliminate the cheese to break a stall at 122. Why things work for a significant period of time then don’t, wth. :expressionless:

First off CONGRATS on a great weight loss journey :slight_smile:

thing is we don’t know what is happening inside our bodies. so hormones and more can come into play. those stupid hidden from us processes which we can’t control or manipulate truly…so that could be a factor for sure but each of us are kinda on our own with being individuals and when the body decides to change as it must. so…

then ya got the ‘stall’. Thing is if one is hitting this entire eating change literally 100% about weight loss and not throwing in much other ‘deeper changes’ and ‘thoughts’ about the plan, then plan jumping to break stalls are used. I get that.

See for me carnivore won’t allow veg. I wouldn’t touch fruit if ya paid me LOL Thing is I go by the core gut values of this plan so any changes I would make to address specific weight loss goals inside my plan would be different than a plan jump.

And one can work within their plan tho. No need to plan jump IF YOU don’t wanna like me.

All one is doing is calorie control. Cutting the kcals and letting the body starve down a bit and lose the weight. Everyone can do that. Which is a good thing :slight_smile: if that is what we desire at the time. I get it, I can do it also and I do it on occasion.

When I stall out a bit on carnivore and want more lbs gone and want a fast track…I eat less. I put in the willpower and just change up my eating. No fatty ribeye. I use leaner cuts with a ‘tad’ of butter. Ribeye might be around 900-950 calories. I choose 2 skinless boneless chicken breast with a pat of butter for frying and I come in at around 280-300 each and butter about 100…total is 700. Boom about 200-250 calories down. So I can easily manipulate carnivore. I jumped onto seafood many times to give the body a ‘change’. It is like the plan jump into eating an apple instead of more fat in your cooking meat and I save tons of kcals.

But it can backfire on ya too. I do that enough times, yea I drop some weight but then hunger hits back hard. Nicest thing is I never gain ever on eating a lot of meat/fat so it is a win/win situation but I have to watch I don’t go off into a hog crazy eating frenzy also…since I have that personality type that would do just that LOL

Plus I know a lot of people don’t agree on this but I lean more toward the healthier you are in your body and your functions are cleaner as in healing inside and supplying the body with good clean food…….we do require less in eating. I only say this cause as our body weight drops and if we truly do not increase activity into ramped up big time…then I just think after some bigger weight loss our bodies don’t want as much.

but our eye balls and human behavior are so a part of us that we do want to eat more. we do want bigger food meals. we do want to see ourselves eating some big quality meals. Eh, at least I am that way sometimes :slight_smile:

Jumping in and out of carnivore isn’t for everyone. It’s take a good solid person to do that and be ok with it. I know for me I can’t do it. I tried. I tried so many different combos of how to eat like I would want to eat in life LOL and always it comes back to hardcore carnivore is my savior and best line of defense. Plus of course I feel so good why leave HAHA

But yea…some reasons we plan jump isn’t about the food, it is about how you are changing up the calories and how your body reacts to just that.

it is good to chat this stuff out. a lot of what I typed is my personal thoughts on it all. by talking stuff out is the best way to just get some good info from others and find ways to make it all fit into us better. I learn so much from others on what works for them and if I can use it or make changes to it to fit me. In fact I am a product of so many who came before me :slight_smile:

(hottie turned hag) #29

Yep. I agree. I was eating too much once I got close to goal and so small and such low fat reserves.

BUT…I started to not be satiated; whereas for months on “almost-carn”, I WAS, easily.
Then I wasn’t -like the OP- and was eating a lot of fatty meat, bacon etc. Never gained! Stalled.

This is what I needed to do. Switching to the few carbs via veg/apple/yogurt allowed me to do this and to be satiated again. I did not expect this and I feared it triggering binges. It totally didn’t.

CHEESE, did. Nuts, did, bigtime (trigger binges).

But cheese didn’t for the longest time!
As I got smaller and smaller…it started to :dizzy_face:

I feared this! But so far, nope. I’m less hungry and smaller.

As always this is what happened to me but may totally not work for the next person.

I had zero history of binge eating (before keto), zero yo-yo dieting, and a short (~3yr) hx of being fat, so I’m the first to empahtically state this may not be advisable (what I did) for all.

I like your post cause what ‘we do’ to fast track can screw up other’s for sure but some can do it easily and manipulate and work it all…….so yea this comes into that highly individualized situation for all of us.

I so understand that.

What makes me happiest is not going there ya know. I feel I am ‘one of those’ who can easily go into some type of tough eating disorder. I thought of the purge stuff and even read up on it. Sounded darn good to eat all I wanted and just go throw it up…then I thought omg if I am thinking this even, holy crap. How much does a lb. mean to mean me in my total life?

I gotta say I had some tough chats with myself. A lot of them not pretty. I think deep down as much as I desire fast results I best watch how I go about doing just that.

Me, I can get weird on all ‘this dieting’ so I found that nice spot. You know when you cling to something. Carnivore gives me this in that I eat well…do small things to get to goal and still feel like I am getting there, follow the science behind what I believe on foods we don’t need, and it all just ‘bundles into that plan’ that suits me best and keeps me balanced.

I know we can all hyper focus on it and go down bad roads. I think at some point we all better have that deep down chat with ourselves and know what is needed by us individually to keep it grounded, even keel kind of thing in our lives.

Loved your post BlueV

you found what works well and suits you and are getting results without ever going over into crazy land ya got it whipped :slight_smile: more power to ya.

I may meet the fiery side of your personality for asking this, but it’s a risk I’ll take because… well, I’m male and I have a history of sticking my foot in my mouth.
Are you sure your body isn’t leveling out at 115 because that’s where it wants to be, a new set point so to speak?

(Elizabeth ) #32

I think we’ve been brainwashed into some super thin idealized body image. normal healthy people tend to settle in the middle to upper range of the so-called weight ranges for your height. I’m probably 30 lb heavier than the so-called charts say I need to be, but I refuse to diet. I eat until I’m full and then I stop eating. I honestly don’t give a crap about what people think of me at my age. I’m not going to restrict and damage my metabolism/aging hormones again by cutting back when I’m genuinely hungry. I guess it all depends on what your goals are, and my life has included enough deprivation that I refuse to do it with my food. I’m in the smallest size I’ve been in since college and feeling stronger than I have in 20 years. I’m on one medication and that’s thyroid. And all my health markers are fantastic. I’m genuinely happy with that. one note that my doctor made was because I’ve been so big from my entire life I have a very large muscles, and dense bones. So losing 30 lb would require losing muscle mass and I would look like a wrinkled old lady according to her :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #33

@Mare and @Fangs My experience with weight loss was that returning to the weight in my glory days was totally not the case any longer. When I looked lean at 168 lbs when I was forty at sixty I still looked like a fat piece of :poop:! I had to lose 25 more to get anywhere close to that level of body fat. I’m absolutely fine with gaining weight now if I maintain my 32” waist . That will mean increased muscle and bone density which I fully expect after I get an adenoma removed from my Parathyroid gland. It’s been causing leaching of calcium from my bones for quite a few years and was recently discovered. I should start replacing calcium in my bones after the removal of the tumor and my bone density should start increasing. Hopefully muscle mass too. :cowboy_hat_face:

(hottie turned hag) #34

Could be, Bob. My weight ranged from 115-125 from ages 14-49, unless pregnant.

But I was always densely muscular, see. Now, postmenopausal and with way decreased tone, for my small frame I really ought to be 10-15lbs lighter since it’s mostly flab.

Why in the world you’d think that q would make me mad, I cannot fathom!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This goes to what I said: at 125, I used to look awesome. Now at 115 it looks like crap.

I so very seriously doubt this.

Hmmm… I don’t know maybe this "Equal opp misanthropist: I loathe all humans irrespective of their race, politics or religion. Dogs, however, rule " :laughing:

(hottie turned hag) #36

LMAOOOO :grin: I don’t get mad or offended, though. Avoidance is my game. :skull_and_crossbones:

Yeah, life is too short to let people drag you into their drama.

(hottie turned hag) #38

I’ve never had that experience. Not even with my 4 kids. We just don’t roll that way.
Low on emotion, high on logic and reasonableness.
Detached, DGAF, all that.

Plus my kids were trained from toddlerhood in self control. They thank me for it today (ages 20-37).

That’s awesome…and rare. Good job!