Carnivore diet

(Nathan Niyazov) #1

Hey everyone, anyone wanna chat about their experiences on a carnivore diet, no one around me wants to hear me talk about it, they think I’m crazy.

(Susan) #2

Welcome to the forum, Nathan, we have an entire Carnivore section on the forum, so feel free to post on any of those threads =). We have a lot of Keto-Carnivore people on the forum =).

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/food/zero-carb

(bulkbiker) #3

Welcome to crazy… great isn’t it?

(Robert C) #4

I think Carnivore - like fasting and Keto - is sometimes best kept to yourself when it comes to the people around you (of course, per @Momof5 - chat here a bunch if you want).

Nothing is “for sure” and, if you have a perfectly legitimate reason for stopping one of these (can’t achieve satiety or boredom on Carnivore, sleep problems or social isolation with fasting etc.) then you don’t have to explain or “hang on” past when you should for your overall well being.

As well, people might (consciously or unconsciously) sabotage your efforts - maybe jealous, don’t want you to go changing, don’t want to be wrong etc. That can get worse the better you are doing.

I think being the example might sometimes be better than being the conversationalist.

This.

At work especially… I don’t say anything unless people ask me about my weight loss. Then, will I tell them about Keto. I don’t even mention the carnivore thing, unless truly interested parties inquire further and want to know details.

Specifically regarding carnivore: I have found that extended fasting is much easier after having gone carnivore for a few weeks prior to starting a fast. I don’t experience hunger pangs, growling, etc…nearly as much as before. Today was a real test, too. I’ve surpassed the 72 hour mark of fasting- while working 9-10 hour days. Took my youngest 3 kids out for a birthday dinner for the 22 yo. Didn’t eat a bite. Wasn’t hungry…just had a couple cups of coffee w cream. Sat through appetizers, dinner, and dessert. Not so much as a nibble. (I did order a rosemary crusted prime rib to take home, to enjoy after fasting, though.) Haven’t really decided how long I will go this time. It seems like it gets easier and easier, the longer I stay carnivore.

In a nutshell…carnivore is pretty easy to adapt to. I haven’t really found any big negatives to it. So, enjoy!