Carbs

(Sjur GjĆøstein Karevoll) #21

Potatoes are pretty nutritious and healthy as far as carbs go, but the preparation method used makes a huge difference. Steamed and baked potatoes are both pretty high on nutrition and low on the glycemic index and compare close to other keto staple veggies in everything but carb content (and therefore calories and glycemic load as well). French fries and crisps pretty much turn to pure glucose as soon as you put them in your mouth and are also devoid of micronutrients.

(Keto in Katy) #22

And if you get them at fast food joints they are probably fried in vegetable oil which is inflammatory garbage.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #23

Ah, the good old days of tallow and lard! I am having a hard time finding them in the supermarket these days.

(Chris) #24

Have to buy the raw suet here and render ourselves.

(Patrick) #25

I am feeling the ā€œkito fluā€ now, ughh this is worse then I thought it would be. I cant imagine taking off 2 months. David you have been a great help, thank you.

(Crippie) #26

No problem! Just do what your body needs. And donā€™t be afraid to nap! the crappy feeling WILL pass and you will feel better than ever. Its a leap of faith but it really does happen.

(Chris) #27

(KCKO, KCFO) #28

And they are often soaked in water with sugar added before they are put in the deep fryer. That is what gives McDonalds the crunchiness that everyone loves about them. My aunt used to do this and ended up dying of T2D issues.

(VLC.MD) #29

Iā€™ve been saying I think that fries might be better for you than potatoes because at least fries have some fat.

(KCKO, KCFO) #30

Well if I was going to eat potato, I think I would go with a baked one, stuffed with sour cream, butter, chives and salt.

if doing fried I would want to do the frying at home, not get them at a restaurant (fast food or otherwise).