Carb free beer

(Cathal ) #1

Hi I found this beer in Dan Murphys and was wondering what’s everyone’s thoughts on carb free beer is it to good to be true ?

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #2

Hows the taste? That’s usually a deal breaker for me. I am/was a huge fan of really good IPA’s and miss them a lot.

I think good beer is the only thing I truly miss about being Keto…

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4

DITTO!!!

I may set aside a day every once in a while, birthday or some other special days, to have a really good big hoppy monster of a beer.
I’ll just make sure I go total near total carnivore that day to keep the carbs in check. I think one of my favorite beers turned out to be about 32 carbs for 12oz.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6

Which beer?

I’ve tried to replace good beer with vodka. Not even close to the same fulfillment.

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot

Yeah, vodka doesn’t cut it. I like it occasionally to sip on.
I did try something cool with bourbon. I made brown butter infused bourbon.
It was pretty easy, it gave the bourbon a nice touch and the butter was great afterwards.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #8

Noting like a bigfoot. especially one that about 4 years old. It mellows out at that age.

(Vicki Stroud) #9

I would be interested to know how it is as well BIG IPA fan here. The only other beer that I will miss is a Pig’s Ear Brown Ale.

(Cathal ) #10

It’s not bad and guilt free. I’m a pale ale drinker and don’t normal drink larger but I find it’s the only thing that I miss out on living keto. If you in Australia and can get you hands on a 6 pack give it a go

I’ve never managed to keep one longer than a matter of days! :laughing:

(Dustin) #12

For what it’s worth a cold can of Perrier soda water kind of reminds me of beer. It also gets me through the Coca Cola blues. lol

(Mike W.) #13

My friend has 2016 Goose Island Bourbon County, kegged with Madagascar vanilla beans, on tap right now. Yup, I’m drinking it. Life happens.

(Steve Stephenson) #14

About a year ago @richard did a longitudinal n=1 study after drinking one (click to see the graph):

This past Holiday season (2017) I only drank a couple of scotch whiskeys with water; very low carb! I felt left out as my extended family drank beer and wine. I used to love drinking an occasional beer. So I googled low carb beers and got this web site:
http://dailyburn.com/life/health/healthy-best-beers/

• Bud Select 55. Calories: 55, Carbs: 1.9 g, ABV: 2.4% …
  • Beck’s Premier Light. Calories: 64, Carbs: 3.2 g, ABV: 2.3% …
  • Michelob Ultra. Calories: 95, Carbs: 2.6 g, ABV: 4.2% …

My local package store didn’t have the Becks, instead recommending

So I bought a 6-pack of each of these:

I liked the Amstel Xlight the best, and when poured in a glass it looks like a beer acceptable in a crowd. It was a couple of dollars (US) more than the other 6-packs, but I’m not going to drink a lot.