Can we live on bacon and eggs?

@Eccemus How exactly to you prepare your mayo, bacon, eggs and cheese? All scrambled together or an omelette dish or cooked separately with a squirt of mayo over the top? (soft or hard yolks? I’m trying to imagine soft yolks with mayo…)

(Bunny) #22

If you want science:

The Incredible, Edible Egg Yolk - Chris Masterjohn PhD

How Many Eggs Can I Eat Per Day?

In this video, Dr. Berg talks about how many eggs can be consumed per day. Eggs have a lot of nutrition, tons of fat soluble vitamins (vitamin A, k2, E), Omega 3 Fatty Acids, high quality proteins, B vitamin, lutein and zeaxanthin. Lutein and zeaxanthin are very powerful phytonutrients or antioxidants to repair any potential damage that occurs in the artery walls or the eyes. He also talks about cholesterol on eggs and how our bodies makes a lot of cholesterol.

Different Egg Labels:
• Cage Free
• Free Range
• Natural
• Veg. Feed – Fed using Soy beans and Corn (GMO)
• Pasture-Raised and Organic Eggs – The eggs that we have to consume. It has a definition of “Out in the pasture in the grass”.

Someone in my podcast ask the question, how many eggs can I eat per day. The first thing I am gonna talk about is when you actually buy eggs, you’ll see them in many different labels packages, cage free eggs, free range, natural, or eggs fed vegetarian feed, this really means nothing.

Because cage free means they are outside the cage but they are still in the barn, free range again the definition is very limited who knows what that means, natural there is no real legal definition of what natural means I mean what would be, there is an artificial eggs? then we have vegetarian feed which only tells you that you can only feed with soybeans, corn which are both GMO we don’t want that.

We want the pasture-raised eggs. Pasture-raised has the definition of “Out of the Pasture, in the grass.” That’s where we want them living and eating grass and bugs and things like that. And we definitely want organic on top of that. Organic and Pasture-raised, not Pasturized.

Now the cool thing about eggs is they have a lot of nutrition, tons of fat soluble vitamins, vitamin A, vitamin k2, vitamin E, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, high quality proteins, it is like a complete perfect food, it has B vitamin, the only vitamin it doesn’t have is vitamin C. And that is why we need to eat other things too like salad and things like that. It even has lutein and zeaxanthin which are very powerful phytonutrients or antioxidants specifically to repair any potential damage that occurs in the artery walls or the eyes.

And so if we have a repair action right here, the cholesterol in the eggs are not gonna accumulate. So even though eggs have cholesterol, your body makes cholesterol a lot like 3,000mg. so when you eat more, your body makes less. And you are gonna actually have higher amounts of good cholesterol as well. Having more cholesterol is not gonna be damaging especially if you have the antioxidant to protect the wall of the artery because the problem is never been the cholesterol in the first place. The problem is the oxidative damage on the artery wall which then the cholesterol comes as the band aid to heal it.

Cholesterol is never been the villain, cholesterol is needed to support brain and nerve function and all the cell walls. Cholesterol is needed to make bile and vitamin D, it is needed to make hormones. There are more problems with low cholesterol than there is in high cholesterol.