Can rice flour in a supplement kick you out of ketosis and raise blood sugar?

(Natasha) #1

Hello. I searched very hard but cannot find an answer to my question. I am currently taking Magnesium Glycinate 425 by Best Naturals. It has rice flour listed in the other ingredients. I would like to know if the amount of rice flour that is typically in a supplement can take you out of ketosis and raise your blood sugar. Thank you.

(Susan) #2

Firstly, welcome to the forum Natasha =).

Rice Flour is very high in carbs (80%) according to a google search on it, so I would avoid and not take it if it was me. Maybe give the bottle away to a friend that is not doing Keto =-).

(Natasha) #3

Thanks Susan! I’m glad to be apart of the community. I will follow your advice and give the bottle away. I don’t want to risk raising my blood sugar as it took a long time to lower it. It’s probably best to get the magnesium I need from foods that are allowed on the plan.

(Susan) #4

Keto is very simple, if you eat 20 grams or less of carbs a day, NO Sugar, adequate proteins and healthy fats, and make sure that you eat enough as well (don’t undereat because your body needs food !) drink a lot of water and Electrolytes, and if you have any questions, just make a post and ask, as we all want to help you attain your goals!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

It’s not ideal but you have it. I don’t think it would add up to more than 1-2 grams of flour. This would be a very small amount of carbohydrate. But it’s hard to know how much flour would be mixed in. You could try to enter it into a tracking app if you’re using one, many supplements are in the database of Cronometer and probably many others.

(Art ) #6

The poison is in the dosage. If it’s just a little bit and you’re only taking one or two pills then you’re ok. Just account for it in your 20 gm target.

(Omar Talaat) #8

I got that product and scared it would kick me out of ketosis.;:slight_smile:

Not even remotely enough in there to ever make a difference.