Can only admins make wiki posts?

(VLC.MD) #1

I can’t seem to make a wiki post.

(Mike) #2

I was having a hell of a time even finding the wiki posts. It would be awesome if there was a category just for them and to have a few more. It is getting hard to find beginner information on specific topics like fasting. Searches bring up a ton of discussions by people trying them but it would be nice to have an initial overview to get context.

edit there are only 7 posts with the wiki tag. How can we help to expand this invaluable resource?

edit2: I found some wikis are not tagged and can be edited to add the tag but they don’t show up. I assume they are pending approval.

(VLC.MD) #3

Many hands make light work

(Tom Seest) #4

I believe only admin can create WIKI posts. They can also convert existing posts into WIKI’s.

My suggestion would be to create the post with all the content, and then tag a bunch of the admin’s in it, and one will convert it to a WIKI…

(VLC.MD) #5

What’s the risk in allowing users to make wiki posts ?

(Tom Seest) #6

I’m not sure it’s actually anything that an Administrator can control, but I’d defer to @richard for that.

I believe it’s just a function that is set by the makers of the Discourse software, but I could be wrong.

Either way, it’s all above my pay grade…

(Richard Morris) #7

I think just admins can turn a post into a wiki … but tell us which ones need to become wikis and we’ll do it

This is gonna sound really dumb… but what’s the difference between a wiki and a regular post?

(Richard Morris) #9

Anyone can update the original post in a thread that has been converted to a wiki.