Can I use non-KetoMojo test strips in my KetoMojo?

(Cat Onisko) #1

Hi guys,

I’ve got a KetoMojo and for some reason in the UK at the moment, I can’t get a hold of any KetoMojo replacement ketone strips! Can I use another brand or does it have to be the KetoMojo strips?

(Bob M) #2

Keto Mojo supposedly went to different strips and a different reader. It’s caused people to get quite upset.

But you can’t use different strips.

And, supposedly (last time I checked), they aren’t making the “old” strips.

(Cat Onisko) #3

So annoying! I use the newer GKI model, but all the strips are sold out on UK websites. I’ll keep looking and see if I get lucky, but this is definitely not cool, man.

(Bob M) #4

Oh you do have the new model, at least that’s good (I have two old models).

Did they get rid of the electronic “calibration” device you had to use for your particular strips? For the old model, they came with a calibration device you had to use first, before the strips. Each bottle came with one of these.

I have two different ketone meters (two of each, so 4 meters in total), but the strips aren’t interchangeable.

(Cat Onisko) #5

I can’t remember exactly, but I think there were a couple of bottles of control solution to test that the strips were ok. I never did it because I didn’t want to waste any strips!

Managed to find some strips this afternoon on a website I’ve never used before, hurray!