Can I lose weight on high fat?

food

Unfortunately seems you’ve already done what I did then! Sorry!

When I said I compounded my problems with with a handful of stupid moves… FASTING! I fell victim to that moron Jason Fung and his BS and right down the crapper I went.

At your weight that sounds right! If you’re unable to loose at that (assuming you can’t) start looking into reverse dieting and other methods (exercise / weight training) to burn off the extra cals. Don’t keep dropping your cals to do it. It only makes it worse.

I’d recommend having your RMR checked / measured so you can go straight to the starting point and not have to waste more time figuring it out to start making progress again. Not to expensive and only takes about 10-15mins to do.

(Tammy) #22

I’ve had a Dexa scan done, so I know my RMR.

Fasting works for thousands of people, but the only one I’m concerned with is me. I don’t like the word fasting and prefer “time restricted eating” where I eat in 6 hours a day. I don’t eat breakfast, so just lunch and dinner. I usually eat with hubby at noon and then again later, but not later than 6. That works for me.

However, I’m just not hungry and sometimes by dinner is “snack items”, not a full dinner.

Dexa scans provide your RMR based on a formula that takes your lean mass and fat mass into account. This tells me that it’s likely not accurate.

A more precise way is to use an indirect calorimeter in order to tell you your RMR. Not perfect, but more reliable.