Campbells Oven Sauce?

food

Hi Everyone!

Curious to know if anyone has tried the Campbell’s Garlic Butter Chicken Oven Sauce while on keto? I had several in the cabinet because it’s my favorite sauce to cook with, but when I started Keto I figured I couldn’t use them.

When I went to scan it on my CarbManager app, it was rated “A” for keto friendly. Thoughts? Anyone tried it?

SX385

(Jeff M) #2

Outside of the sweet teriyaki, which is very high carb, they seem to run from 15 to 25 carbs per package, which would seem to be workable depending on how big of a serving you eat. Also have to watch what vegies you add.

(Brandy) #3

I just read the ingredients lists on these sauces. Most of these sauces are low carb, so technically would be considered Keto. However, many of the ingredients aren’t particularly clean- for example, modified food starch, tapioca starch, honey, vegetable & canola oils, trace sugars. I’d eat it in a pinch, I suppose. Like, I don’t buy crappy mayo anymore but I’m not fretting about it at a restaurant. Lots of people eat a less clean, more processed keto diet however and experience benefit. It just depends on your personal tolerances, goals, etc.

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #5

Besides being something I wouldn’t consider eating, I don’t like the idea of giving business to one of the largest processed food conglomerates in the world…

A key contributor to the global obesity epidemic…