Calories/Weight Loss

(Marianne) #21

Yes, that’s me, so I’m just going to continue what I’ve been doing. Carbs low, no calorie counting. I just wondered about calories because after two weeks, I didn’t think I was losing much.

Yes, I find this so true! Thanks for mentioning it. Although I don’t understand those days, I just go with it. If I feel true hunger, I eat. If not, I’m fine. Yesterday (SB Sunday) was one of those days I seemed to be hungry. During the day, I had chicken breast dipped in horseradish sour cream, and some gouda cheese. Had a cup of bone broth, chicken wings and a large prime rib steak for dinner. Apart from dinner, I ate because I felt hungry. That is a lot of food for me than in a normal day. I told my husband that in spite of having so much yesterday, I’d probably be hungry today. Sometimes that’s just how it seems to be.

Thank you. I think I’m good and am feeling better about it now. Last several days, I feel like I am losing weight, although slowly, but it’s going in the right direction. Will just trust that I am doing the right things and keep doing what I’m doing.

(Marianne) #22

I normally eat Philadelphia or the store brand. I will read the label, but sounds like it should be okay. I love everything about cream cheese.

(Marianne) #23

Before keto, I had never experienced this before with conventional “dieting” - that and the absence of cravings. It was a godsend to me and continues to be. I find that as long as I don’t cheat, those dragons seem to remain sleeping, and I give them the healthy respect they deserve.

I was interested to read your story and had only seen bits and pieces of it from various threads over the years. It’s clear, also, that you’ve studied a lot of the science surrounding keto and metabolic processes and provide a lot of good information. A lot of your experience with keto seems to mirror mine. I consider my experience a blessing. I know it isn’t the same for everyone and I think I’ve had a pretty easy go of it. I love keto.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #24

I love cream cheese! When I started keto I began to eat more cream cheese - the fat doncha know! But soon, probably within a couple of weeks, my bowel activity started changing drastically. I thought I was getting constipated by all that cream cheese I was eating. So I backed off. Eventually, however, I came to the realization that without all the useless roughage it just takes longer to build up enough bulk for a movement. All is well in that regard, although sometimes and last day or two preceding a movement I can feel very ‘loaded’ wondering when it’s finally going to go and hoping it happens while I’m at home and not at Walmart! :pleading_face:

(Marianne) #25

Again, me, too!!!