Burnt Hand

(JK) #1

I Burnt my hand making bulletproof coffee using Areopress, l found that being on keto ,the healing process was quite quick,Could this be due to Low blood glucose and Insulin? It was a severe burn.

(Allie) #2

Not sure, I just remember the opposite as way back when I first found keto it seemed everything took absolutely ages to heal, even the tiniest of cuts & bruises.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

Your explanation is entirely possible, but I don’t think it’s ever been studied. I’d like to believe keto can make a difference, but who knows?

I had a small keloid scar that went away about a year after I started keto. I also have a surgical scar that didn’t seem to be healing as well as the others (I was in a bad accident), and it has now thinned out and is not nearly as visible. I could easily believe that keto accelerated their healing, but how would I go about proving that?

not sure on it. OW, sorry ya got nailed with a burn like that!

I always healed fast before eating changes. I had some severe burns but healing was fast anyway, still good on my carnivore plan too so?? I guess it will be what it is for all of us as we are maybe?