Breathometer question

This has probably been discussed before but I haven’t seen anything recently and my search didn’t bring up an answer so bear with me if this is a redundant question:
I have a “House of Keto” breath analyzer and I have been able to get readings of .02 and .03 occasionally. Most of the time I get 0.00. Last night I was consistently getting .02 (which I’m very happy about) but this morning after a 12-hour fast I tested and got 0. I then did some household chores and tested again. Zero. I then had a BPC and tested again. Zero.

I thought I read somewhere that you will get the best readings in the morning and before eating so I’m confused as to why I can get some ketone in my breath at night but not in the morning. Any thoughts or theories?
Sue

(suzanne) #2

Hi Susan. I have a cheesy breath (alcohol) analyzer. It’s fickle meaning I can do two tests back to back and go from zero to .19 within the minute. I’ve realized that I have to breath slowly and empty my lungs completely. I start exhaling a few seconds before the meters warmed up. I’ve also realized I can get out of ketosis pretty quickly. Hello Costco samples anyone!

Thanks, Sue. I’ve tried breathing slowly, forcefully, longer than 10 seconds, less than 10 seconds, inhaling first, not inhaling first, etc. and I haven’t yet been able to figure out the best way to get an accurate result. It really does seem random, or maybe I really am slipping in and out of ketosis hour by hour. I don’t know if the fickleness is my meter or my body.
Sue

(AKK ) #4

I am having the same situation Susan. 0.0 always for me though. I fasted all day today since last night still 0.0. Will be testing with a blood meter tomorrow and compare results. Will let you know. Have a feeling my breath meter might be going back. Actually 2 will go back. I bought one to surprise my boyfriend.

Ame