Bone Broth at Pret A Manger

(Nigel Williams) #1

Doing a 4 day fast and working nights in London and found this.

Before LCHF I loved Pret now love it again.

(Mark Anthony Spiteri) #2

Yeh they have been doing it a while but not at all outlets, it seems however as of January they increased the outlets. When I am in London my go-to lunch (or dinner sometimes) is bone broth + protein pot (2 eggs and spinach)

(Nigel Williams) #3

Way ahead of me found it last night and been thinking about it ever since. First time I’ve ever tried bone Broth concluded it tastes similar to Bovril so now wandering whether Bovril is a replacement option for bone Broth?

(Mark Anthony Spiteri) #4

It is close I guess but Bovril is not all “natural” - the ingredients are: Beef Stock (41%) [Water, Beef Bones, Beef], Yeast Extract (27%) [contains Barley], Water, Salt, Colour (E150c), Corn Starch, Flavour Enhancers [Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate], Acid (Lactic Acid), Flavourings (contain Celery, Barley, Wheat)

I personally can’t stand Bovril - not even the smell!

(Nigel Williams) #5

It’s similar to marmite either love or hate it. I used to like Bovril on Toast there’s a LC bread recipe on the forum so might try that with Bovril

But Bovril not ideal then, perhaps being if only have a teaspoon in hot water or a thin sliver on my bread might be OK.

On my fast have got a bit bored of black coffee and water so the odd Bovril drink might not be too bad. Will have to experiment I guess.

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #6

If you don’t have bone broth just hanging around the house, Bovril is fine enough. Mmm Bovril.