Bloodwork back for life insurance and not so great (USA)

newbies

(Mike W.) #21

I’m speaking from experience. I was in the same boat. I decided to have a beer the night before my life insurance exam (stupid!) Numbers weren’t great, but the difference in cost is minimal and like I said retest in a year and lower your monthly cost :slight_smile:

(Mark) #22

Cut your carbs and Protein, raise your healthy fats and Triglycerides will go down. :slight_smile:

I’m working on the healthy fats and lowering protein. Eating smaller portions of protein. Introducing coconut oil in coffee. Eating more fish (Salmon). Researching how to get more healthy fats. Carbs already cut but focused on keeping them down. I realized my blood test was closer to 6 weeks into the diet (I thought it was 2 months or 8 weeks).

I’m dropping a fair amount of weight a week. Last week I stalled, this week was a slightly low number and it was ~4-5 pounds. I suspect when all these things are changing, it’s a bad time for blood work. I’d wager my blood work was better before I started keto (I had a test about 1.5 years ago and it had no issues with triglycerides although did have low HDL) and will be better after a year on keto.

I signed up for insurance. My plan is to test again at 6 months and 12 months. When my numbers are better, I’ll submit them to the insurance company. Supposedly, they lower when things improve. If they don’t follow through, I’ll get a new policy from a different company and cancel the old.

(Mark) #24

Sound like a plan! Good luck and let us know how it goes!! :slight_smile: