Blood work is back! (UPDATED with fractionation results)

(Jim) #21

Yes, numbers should have been nmol, not mmol. I corrected the original post to reflect this fix.

(Khara) #22

Huh, so your reference range for small particles is <271 nmol/L (to not be “high”). My reference range is <527. I only have this high reference, no breakdown for low, medium, and high like you have. So, depending on who the test was done through, people would/could be thinking they are in the high range with Cardio IQ but not with NMR.

Either they are testing with different methods or their reference population is considerably different. It is my understanding that lab results such as this are based on the population of people who have been tested. In other words, having a “high” result means your number is higher than most of the people who’ve been tested. Results being “ideal” or not is another thing. And, the majority of Americans are carb eaters so references for labs are based on people eating a very different diet. (Granted, it’s possible, maybe even likely, that there is a higher population of low carbers getting these particle count lipid panels).

(Jim) #23

NMR And Cardio IQ are different methods to measure LDL particle size, hence the results and targets are different. My original post is asking how to relate Cardio IQ results to NMR results. Actually, I would like to understand if these Cardio IQ results are what is expected when on a Keto diet.
The only references I can find are based on NMR. Sort of like measuring temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius. There should be a way to correlate the two.

(John) #24

Isn’t the idea to just be able to see that it’s pattern A? My Cardio IQ test results had a specific read out for pattern type. Different tests will fractionate differently so the tests are sort of related but not in the sense that numbers will line up.

(Jim) #25

Funny, the paper work I got from the Doctor did not show the pattern type, but when I went on to Quest’s patient portal, it is listed right there. Pattern A.