Binge trigger....anyone else?

(Door Girl) #21

I’m sorry that you were cut down. You might also want to respond “Well, my doctor is pleased with the improvement in my health. I trust her/him to tell me if I have gone too far. Thank you for your concern, and if you ever want to know what has worked so well for me let me know!”

('Jackie P') #22

I love this!

(Jenny) #23

I see both sides to this. I hate small talk and build it up to a big social angst thing in my head. I’m so worried about saying something someone will take the wrong way. So…maybe she felt awkward or maybe she felt jealous. maybe it was a genuine compliment. Try to remember you dont know her story. Take it at face value…a well intended compliment.

The other side is yes…she could be jealous (I truly believe many people’s comments are driven by this and their own unwillingness to be disciplined and accomplish weight loss goals). Also so many people are overweight…i sometimes think people forget what a normal weight can look like. And one more, if they are used to seeing you overweight it takes a bit for the “new you” to become the one in their minds eye.

Positive things here…you ate keto food. you came here and wrote about it. you felt better today! you are addressing the underlying issue with better tools than over eating. go you!

(Susan) #24

I love this response; Allie, this is spot on!!

(Marianne) #25

Love this, just because I’m sure it takes people by surprise. :laughing:

I still don’t give two crumbs what other people think; it just amuses me now.

(Door Girl) #26

It serves as a way to shut up people who don’t mean well, while at the same time connecting with those who want to make the same changes but don’t know how. And also a rather kind statement for those who simply were at a loss of what to say. I love multi-function statements. :slight_smile:

(hottie turned hag) #27

Pretty much this.

Think about it. Unless the “you’re too thin now” comment is coming from your Grandmother, it’s jealousy talking.

(Mother of Puppies ) #28

I’ve been in a binge cycle for six months (long story) doing a fat fast made the binging so uncomfortable that I can’t.

Improvement happened on day one of the fat fast (I did two)

Day seven, (of sprinkling olive oil on allll my food) I get a tummyache thinking about a binge.

(Katie) #29

Am I the only one who would feel like a million bucks if an old acquaintance told me I’m too thin, or lost so much weight? Especially from someone who is themselves overweight. Isn’t losing weight the goal here, getting to a place in life where we dont have to worry about diabetes, or gut problems or inflammation? I would feel an enormous sense of accomplishment to hear that. Again, intonation can change any statement made, so I can understand such a statement being interpreted either way. But regardless of whether it was said out of malisciousness or plain jealousy, I would look at this situation with nothing but pride and amazement in what I’ve accomplished. Going home and binging… well, good for you for sticking to keto foods. If I was so hurt in a situation, I sure hope I have willpower like that. Maybe if something like this happens again, look in the mirror long and hard… think of all the effort you must have put into this weightloss journey… all the willpower, all the struggles, and the times you stuck to your plan and didn’t waver. It truly is an incredible feat! I can only imagine how much you have changed! If you have a picture of yourself from the beginning, look at it and then smile in your reflection, acknowledging how much dedication you’ve mustered up. Binging after an upset is a habit you have to figure out how to break. Dont get me wrong, it’s also the lifelong habit I’ve turned to that has lead me to where I am today, and I’m sure it relates to many reading this. But just as keto and fasting heals us from the inside, healing our habits that have kept us fat is definitely something we all need to work towards, or eventually it could derail all our progress. Take care of yourself, and make sure that you ask yourself questions to really explore why you feel so hurt before you grab that keto food you dont need lol