Best Wishes for a Great Ketofest!

(jketoscribe) #1

It’s finally here! Best wishes to all the attendees. I can’t wait to hear about it. I hope you’ll all post reports.

Maybe someday on the left coast, too!

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #2

The Heal clinic was good.

Yes!!!

(jketoscribe) #4

Tell us more!

(Michelle) #5

yes!!! Let’s live vicariously through those that are at Ketofest!! Wish I was there.

(Wenchie) #6

I sooooo wish I could be there. Have lots and lots of great talks, lots of fun and tons of bacon! :bacon::heart:

(matt ) #7

The fest has been amazing. VIP DINNER at Carl’s with clam chowda and Sous Vide roast and cabbage. Great folks to talk to today. Today has been a huge success. Lots of hard work by @carl and @richard, the admins and volunteers and many more.

The cooking lessons have been packed. Everyone is having a great time learning new things and tasting great food

Oh. There was a full BBQ pig. Sausages and cured meats. Coffee. Wine and cheese. Amazing.

Dinner coupons will get used soon then it’s movie night. If you couldn’t make it try hard to make it next year. Great times.

And we still have Science Sunday!!!

(Siobhan) #8

Ketofest is SUPER AMAZING so far!!! the food is f’ing good, the people are amazing, everyone has been kind so far. It is hard work and Im exhausted but wouldnt have it any other way.

Also Im fangirling super hard like every two seconds. Ivor Cummins, richard, carl, my admin peeps, the cholesterol darling Dave, dr gerber, westman, nurse Jackie, and I was just talking to Larry Lustig (and gave him the five minute ice cream recipe).

I am trying so hard not to be a weirdo but these are my people!!!

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #9

Sorry I didn’t write more. I’ve been so busy doing ketofest I haven’t had time to write about it. The heal clinic featured Dr. Eric Westman and Jackie Eberstein. Dr. Westman did a good job of explaining his journey from standard medical wisdom to recommending a Keto diet. It helps explain the cognitive hurdles the medical community needs to overcome to accept Keto. The was also a group from West Virginia that is spreading the Keto message. Lots of good stories there.

Hot Rods is a restaurant that is helping with Ketofest and has some of the best wings I’ve ever had.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #10

Today I did both exercise classes. Only 30 minutes each, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to walk tomorrow. :smiley: I’ve also had a chance to introduce myself to several Keto all stars. (Carl, Richard and Brenda). Everyone has been very welcoming.

It has been an excellent festival. I look forward to seeing how it grows in the coming years!

Sadly I can’t be there but wish you all well. Ironically I will be in New London in about two weeks to visit a family friend. Would love to meet @carl if you are in town then.

(Jane Reed) #12

West coast yes! Have it near Sacramento and call it NorKal Keto.

(Actually, I despise those cute misspellings, but I couldn’t seem to help myself.)

(jketoscribe) #13

I live in Santa Rosa, McDougall country. I think we should do it here and show all the starving vegans there is another way! :wink:

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #14

An update, the triple tabata class has destroyed my quadriceps. It is quite funny watching me try to use stairs. I think I may have overdone it. I’ll be fine in another day or two.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #15

Science Sunday was awesome. It was jam packed full of all kinds of information. Much of it was with guests that have already been on the podcast, but I still gained more insights listening to them.

(Danelle Derks Scott Nelson) #16

Give us a summary:)

(matt ) #17

Science Sunday will be on Youtube after Carl and Richard get it edited.