Back on low carb / keto

(Michael Arthur ) #1

Back on low carb, this is day 6 and I already feel so much better, ketone positive even though I accidentally had too many carbs ( 27at a time) on day 3. Now the biggest challenge will be affording enough variety that I don’t go off it again. Eggs are a staple that is cheap (1-2 $/dz) but I get tired of them after awhile. Any other suggestions of cheap low carb foods? Also is there an app for the forums yet?

(Ashley Haddock) #2

There’s a whole category for keto on a budget. :slight_smile: I tend to buy big portions of meat that is on sale so I can cook a big batch and eat on it throughout the week.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #3

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #4

Discourse is the app, be sure to read through the string so you can find the KetogenicForums in the app

Good for you. Do check out the Keto on a Budget section and also Recipes of course. Biggest tip - get creative! You can make something very tasty out of very little of you are canny.

(Karen Fricke) #6

I think we spend less on groceries than we used to. We only eat 1-2 meals a day, and when you don’t buy pop, chips or cookies, or stop at fast food or a bakery, it leaves way more money for meat and cheese. We use the bags of frozen veggies, they’re usually less than fresh, and buy our meat 1/2 a steer at a time.