Back from the dead!

(Mike W.) #1

Ok, not really. But I’m back on track! I started keto in 2017 when this forum first started. Fast forward to now, 2 kids and lots of “life” later and I’ve gained all the weight back. What are everyone’s favorite new recipes? Anything that’s been rethought or maybe some new discoveries that have been made? Really looking forward to digging back in!

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #2

Hey Mike, everything has changed since 2017! … we all eat sugar now. Not really lol

I’ve only just started this new life but it seems to me the main stay of info goes way back. Phinney etc
Has anything changed? Someone will know

(Robin) #3

Just some new faces and new motivation and inspiration!

We can reverse time now! It’s called fasting. It’s money and time free and makes you feel more energetic and think clearer and happier.

(JJ) #5

Hey welcome back!

(Mike W.) #6

Thanks!

Hey Mike,

The 2 Keto Dudes are still podcasting. As they grow in knowledge, so do we.

Fasting, sleeping, and time managed eating is getting some added interest based on a ketogenic way of eating base.

Carnivore eating is, or just had, it’s moment as many people started fixing immune system problems in reflection of unwellness and rapid learning during the SARSCoV2 pandemic.

But as people are healing their systems and physiology they are human and are looking for the next thing.

As far as I can tell, the deeply embedded are now arguing over high nutrition and nutrient density (again).

The wheel rolls on.

Welcome back to health.

Are you still a…

(Mike W.) #9

Still a what? Lol

,alive!
lol.

(Marianne) #11

Recipes drive me nuts, but that’s just me. Yes, there are lots of delicious things, but I found that once you go to the trouble of making them, a “serving” tends to have a lot of carbs and is way too small for me not to want to eat the whole thing. From the beginning, I stick to a good sized piece of meat (enough to satisfy), and a steamed vegetable in butter. That’s it. I generally eat OMAD now, but breakfast was always the same - 3 eggs and some bacon or sausage.

Good luck to you!

(Mark) #12

I concur. Fasting has been an amazing discovery for me. Not just weight loss but for deep healing.

(Lisa) #13

I’ve lately started making lasagna using the EggLife wraps (made from egg whites) as the “noodles.” I cut them into strips and layer along with the other stuff, treating them essentially like cooked lasagna noodles. A teeny bit of tomato sauce (but Alfredo or other would work as well), shredded mozzarella, grated Parmesan, sautéed ground beef, seasonings. I’ve only made small ones (just for me); I bake covered at 400 for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for about 10 more minutes. It’s shockingly (to me, anyway) similar to “real” lasagna. I think EggLife’s website has recipes for lasagna and other things.

I also make tuna “noodle” casserole using shirataki noodles (I like It’s Skinny brand fettucine). I rinse and dry the noodles, cut into short lengths, then put them in a frying pan for a bit to dry them out. Add a little cream and some cream cheese, tuna, Parmesan, shredded mozzarella, seasonings, add to casserole dish, top with crushed pork rinds/Parmesan mixture. Bake similarly to the lasagna above.

I love pasta, and these knockoffs seem to satisfy my cravings.

(Bob M) #14

So many problems with nutrient density… For instance, if you look at data for legumes, you won’t see the massive number of anti-nutrients they have, which affect the nutrients you’ll actually get. I think of it this way: eat meat, and you’re going to get near 100% of whatever the nutrients are there. Eat plants, and you have no idea what you’re going to get.

And let’s not even get into protein and plants.

Even in the low carb space, there’s division over scoring food:

(Jennifer M Worth) #15

Honestly, I just love putting butter on everything. If you knew how many years I avoided fat thinking it was smart…ugh. My favorite recipe would be butter on steak, butter on spinach, butter on roast, butter on broccoli.
I put 90 pounds back on after I lost it doing weight watchers. I understand how easy that is. Fat adaptation is exponentially easier than trying to jog off my high carb lunch. Glad your back at it. fist bump

(Nasir) #16

At least you are back on track. I lost about 35 kilos of weight, then gained it all back and more during pandemic and now really struggling. Used to easily do 3 day fasts and done a few five days too but now struggle to even skip a meal. And a lot of it is due to mind not just hunger. Struggling to also do strict keto though still not too carb heavy.