August 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Susan) #322

Awww… how frustrating Janie, I am sorry. Too bad it wasn’t something yucky instead… grrr… is she a Keto person too?

(Jane) #323

No, but she needs it. Only slightly overweight but all visceral fat in her belly. Always hungry.

(Susan) #324

Maybe you can get the opportunity to discuss Keto with her =-).

(Jane) #325

I would but she doesn’t eat beef because she believes the myth that you can’t digest it and it all stays in your intestines. There is no way she would ever give up her programming that a high carb, low fat diet is healthy.

(Susan) #326

Ohhh =(( that is too bad.

Skipped dinner last night to put in a small 30 hr. or so before the extended weekend. Plan on having some nice meals over the Holiday Weekend & probably jump into a Fast after Monday night’s meal.

Hope those of you who partake have a nice and safe Holiday this weekend. :slight_smile: :+1:

(Jane) #328

60 hours in and has been one of the easiest extended fasts I think I’ve ever done. Body must have needed it.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #329

happy Friday Fasters!! I’m checking in at 15 hours on my way to another 42. I’m seeing 1/2 lb coming off every other day. I feel really good about that. I am starting to think that I’ll stick with ADF for some time before I need a change up.

(Bob M) #330

That’s always my plan, try to stay at work/pick up the kids late, so I get home late and then just have to make it an hour or two until bed. If I get home 3-4 hours before bedtime, it’s much tougher. The mental aspect for me is always the toughest part – if you break mentally, you’re broken.

Well, I’ve been fasting for almost 4 years now. I started initially skipping breakfast, then having butter/coconut oil in my coffee and skipping lunch, then skipping both lunch and dinner, then went into multiple day fasts. The one thing I cannot cure is going to the bathroom a lot after a long fast. My body basically shuts down once I start fasting (great for traveling and fasting), but then immediately starts up once I eat. I had to get up at least twice last night to go to the bathroom and went at least 8 times since breaking my long fast until today. And it’s all water. I blurred that as it might be inappropriate for small children and others with a delicate constitution. :wink: I’ve tried easing into it, digestive enzymes, you name it. Nothing seems to work.

Good luck to everyone! I’ll be back for shorter fasts next month.

(Jane) #331

Starting a 72-hr fast tonight after I finish sipping my glass of red wine. Last fast before my cruise starts on 9/15.

Anyone fasting this week?

(Jason ) #332

I’m in for 48! Starting last night about 7 PM… Where are you cruising to?

(KCKO, KCFO) #333

Janie, I am doing a however long I can make it fast this week. :slight_smile: I’ll be follow along with you, Jason and anyone else who is fasting this week.

Started last night at 8:30 PM.

(Jane) #334

Leaving out of Boston for a 7-day cruise to Maine and Nova Scotia. Can’t wait!

(Susan) #335

Awesome! My son and his wife moved to Nova Scotia the end of June =).

(Bob M) #336

Should we put our September IFs/EFs here too? I plan on a 36 hour fast starting after dinner tonight, ending Thursday sometime after exercising.

(Jane) #337

I didn’t realize it was September already :crazy_face:

I started a new thread.

New Fasting thread for September…

closed #339