Ate brownie and ice cream, feel like death!

(traci simpson) #21

that happened to me at a function downtown where food was provided. I actually brought a salad with meat and stuff on it but later in the afternoon, I was famished and had mini pretzels and cookies and man or man did my blood sugar drop. I had to stop and get a hot dog of all things to get it back up and get the rest of the way home. HORRIBLE.

('Jackie P') #22

I know, it really makes you think doesnā€™t it!:slightly_smiling_face:

(traci simpson) #23

I have a birthday party this weekend which Iā€™m planning and you can best believe that Iā€™m using just as many keto food items as the SAD. Donā€™t care who likes it or not. Itā€™s my house and Iā€™m the host. I canā€™t imagine having so much food and not being able to eat any! I think they will like what Iā€™m making!!!

(Fred Buchanan) #24

I had sushi and a soda (Dr. Pepper = my kyptonite) on the Aug 9th.

I felt like a bloated cow for hours afterwards.

The next morning I went right back to my happy Keto lifestyle and forgot all about it.

('Jackie P') #25

Have a lovely party! I find buffets quite easy as itā€™s all about the variety! Is it youd birthday?

(traci simpson) #26

No. My sisters party!!!

(Jill F.) #27

I hear that! I had a birthday party for my bday over summer and I had a mix of keto and non keto to please the masses, but I even made keto cupcakes. I refused to be miserable at my own party, lol!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #28

Nah, youā€™re not the only dummy. The good news (?) is that you felt bad so you got some negative reinforcement, instead of feeling like it was delicious and you felt nothing afterward. Itā€™s how sneaky bad habits start. :see_no_evil:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #29

Nope. Never did that. And never will.

One, I had already convinced myself that what happened to you, would happen to me, and I donā€™t have time for that.

Two, yours is not the first post Iā€™ve read like this to confirm this.

And three, if I had one slip like this, Iā€™d have 1000ā€¦ And it would be the end of my Keto WOE.

I have no moderation. No control dial. For me itā€™s only an on/off switch. So if ever that switch gets turned off, itā€™s all over.

Sorry you had to suffer like that, but thanks for the reminder not to do this myself.

PS, in another week or two, when I lose that last few lbs, Iā€™m going to treat myself, with a few more deserts, and sweetened treats, Ice cream, etc (Splenda or similar)
Not ā€œcheatingā€ as it will be completely planned, and still 100% Keto. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Jill F.) #30

@FishChris I hear that! It is so very rare that I have these stupid moments, literally only 2nd time in 8 months and I regretted it both times! I am so happy actually that I have these adverse reactions to junk food, it keeps me from over doing it because like you said I cant seem to do it in moderation either!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #31

Hey Jill, Iā€™m glad you took my response in a positive way :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™m certainly not bragging about my ā€œall or nothingā€ psychological issues :grinning: lol
I think it must be an amazing thing to have a ā€œpersonal control dialā€ and to know how to use itā€¦ But I can only imagine, as Iā€™ve never had one myself.

(Fred Buchanan) #32

My favorite Keto Doctor is Dr. Ken Berry.

He says more than once in his YouTube videos that Keto is the most forgiving food lifestyle out there.

IF you cheat, or fall off the wagon, enjoy it, then act like it never happened and go back you your Keto lifestyle.

He likens it to our ancestors while out hunting, coming across a bee hive full of honey. He says they would have ate themselves into a temporary sugar coma, then they got up and went back to hunting their next meal.

(Karen ) #33

@FishChris

Same hereā€¦I only have on/off switch.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #34

Fred, that might be true ā€œfor youā€ā€¦ But If cheated even one time, that would totally be the end of my Keto WOE.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #35

Then like me, you better put some duct tape on that switch in the on position :slight_smile: lol

(Fred Buchanan) #36

Fish - Thatā€™s bummer.

Iā€™ve been full Keto since Feb '18. Iā€™ve had multiple days since then where I ate distinctly non-Keto for a meal or even two.

I went right back to Keto the next meal. I found it refreshing to know that when I visit my folks back on Cape Cod, I can enjoy some good fried seafood, then go back to my new normal.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #37

I dunnoā€¦ I guess it would be like telling a blind person thatā€™s a bummer. I mean, Iā€™ve been this way for my entire 55 years, so its ā€œmy normalā€.

When I look back at some of things Iā€™ve been able to accomplish in my life, by being obsessive (when my switch is stuck in the on position :slight_smile: ), I think in some ways, itā€™s been a blessing :slight_smile:

(Fred Buchanan) #38

Chris,

All we can do, is do what works for us.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #39

Absolutely true ! :slightly_smiling_face: