Aspartame is ok and here is why!

(Cristian Lopez) #1

(TJ Borden) #2

This message brought to you by NutraSweet.

(Karen) #3

Don’t know why but gives me headaches and my sis seizures.

K

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #4

Even if it did spike insulin – it doesn’t, but if it did in some alternate reality – so what? Insulin spikes are a perfectly normal function of a perfectly normal and healthy functioning body. Even protein spikes insulin. And if you’re still subscribing to the “insulin causes fat gain” dumbfuckery – it’s time you updated your factz. Yeah, with a Z, because fuck you I do what I want.

Clearly this guy doesn’t understand how Type 2 Diabetes works.
Or for some people, objective evidence clearly shows that aspartame does spike insulin.

Caused my headaches, memory loss, tinnitus… it’s a ticking time bomb for brain tumours.

(Melissa Marie) #6

Ate some jello the other night and 1 hour later had a raging headache. Since keto my headaches have mostly disappeared. I wondered if it was the red dye but aspartame makes more sense. I will just have to make my own from now on.

(Candy Lind) #7

Christian, don’t believe everything you read on the internet. Use @richard ‘s “Show me the science” catch-phrase, but also FOLLOW THE MONEY (that survey reports that aspartame safety claims are solidly linked to Nutrasweet™ funding). You can have all the aspartame you want, but I don’t like using anything that exacerbates my god-daughter’s epilepsy . It can’t be good for my brain, either.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8

It tastes worse than anything. If you want artificial sweeteners I have found erythritol and allulose to taste much more like sugar without carbs, blood sugar spikes or calories. It’s expensive but I don’t use it much, mostly in stir frys to balance soy sauce. I also use xantham gum instead of corn starch fo thickening the sauce.

(Mother of Puppies ) #9

I just had two of Wawa’s sugar free drinks (sweetened with aspartame) and they were delicious, but I feel kind of “cravy.”

That same sweetener in diet sprite has no such effect. I just prefer to avoid the carbonation.

Water it is.

I think Wawa is full of shit with what’s in some of their stuff. More than a handful of times sugar free stuff from there has screwed with me.

(Mother of Puppies ) #11

Wow!! That would explain it.

They’re liars?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #12

@KidKeto You don’t really follow this guy do you?

(Cristian Lopez) #14

Of coarse not David, you know me!
Let my Instagram username answer that question:
@paleo.cris
Lol, I ironically make the willful choice to consume Allulose, Erythritol, Monk fruit, and Stevia and Trident chewing gum regardless of what people gotta say about that, its my little evil I chose to include in my daily diet. I dont strive perfection because its not possible, I strive what works for me and optimal health for longevity, vitality, and strength.

I’m sure the huge list of things I do significantly negate any (if any) negatives of using the listed sweeteners or gum I mentioned.

(yes I know trident has maltitol and aspartame, whatever :wink:, It doesnt compare to the people who eat too often, consume low quality conventional animal fats, consume gluten, high EMF’s, and dont give two craps about there omega 3:6 ratio)

(Full Metal KETO AF) #15

@KidKeto I looked around his site a bit, he’s really obnoxious! :joy::joy::grin::cowboy_hat_face:

(Cristian Lopez) #16

You don’t say, he’s a wacko!:crazy_face: