Apple cider vinegar HELP

I’m literally gagging trying to down this stuff. Ice water/stevia drops/1T of ACV. What’s the secret? How do you make this taste good? Because it’s seriously burning my throat and making me a little nauseated. I have read about the benefits, and I wanted to give it a shot but frankly I’m struggling here.

(eat more) #2

funny i just made some acv and water.
i don’t think it ever tastes good…unless you put four gallons of honey in it and you know we aren’t gonna do that :blush:

i drank a little and then added more water…

i just soldier through it and i’m only having it now for an upset stomach

Ugh. Just watered it down way more and added lemon juice. At this rate it will take me a gallon of water to get down 1 tablespoon lol

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #4

I would only drink it quite diluted, e.g. a couple of teaspoons of ACV in about half a tumbler of water.

I actually use slightly warm water.

I find this not unpleasant at all, and can quite happily drink a second half-tumbler full or more.

Are you just not diluting it enough? Try a very weak solution of it, and see how you go.

(eat more) #5

pre keto i tried to make it a daily habit…i did not succeed and don’t even try anymore

I’ve diluted it into another glass with only about 1/2 of the first glass. It’s doing down better. I think I will try it with warm/hot water tomorrow night.

I can see why! I mainly wanted to give it a try for the “lowers blood sugar levels” benefits.

(Roxanne) #8

I’ve grown to quite like it with club soda and ice.

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #9

It is said to reduce appetite. I think it does to some extent with me. It is also said to reduce insulin levels (and perhaps insulin resistance, at least temporarily). I’d imagine this is the other side of the same coin.

Note that it is to some extent caloric. However, I did hear or read one of the LCHF gurus say that this is in a good way - it can be burned directly as fuel, i.e. the acetate ion that the acetic acid disassociates to when in solution in water. So that’s yet another fuel we can use, along with glucose, fatty acids, and ketones. (Alcohol is another one I believe). Oh, and lactates.

Goodness: we really are a multi-fuel vehicle, aren’t we?

(Dustin Cade) #10

I use the pills…

What about an oil and vinegar salad dressing?

(John Cotter) #12

Myself I’ve never been bothered by it, I usually do 2 tbsp in 16oz water twice a day (started about a month ago). My wife… well she is not interested in it and swears she never will.

(Sharon A Peters) #13

Keto version of Persian ‘sekanjabin’: cold sparkling water/club soda/seltzer, acv, crushed fresh mint, sweeten to taste. For a pint of water, 1-2 Tbsp acv, 2-3 sprigs of mint (not peppermint), sweetener of choice to taste. Ice, preferably crushed, if you want something to crunch on … It’s quite refreshing.

I do it straight in a shot glass and then chase it down quick glass of water.

Yeah… its vinegar. Its not going to be pleasant but you get used to it. Think of it as medicine because thats pretty much what it is.

Brush your teeth when you done.

Through that artificial sweetener in the trash

(Jodi) #15

I mix it with a cup of cold water and drink it over ice. I only ever drink it that way, and I actually like it.:slight_smile:

(Cathy Schroder) #16

I have s soda stream so I just fizz up a litre of cold water and then add a tablespoon of acv. I would be lying if I said I loved it, but it’s growing on me.

I like your suggestion, Bob. And that ACV vinagrette works great as a dip for all proteins, too (steak, fish, pork, lamb, chicken…etc), and not just salads.

(Roxanne) #18

I just made a keto mustard based BBQ sauce that has a lot of ACB in it.

(Phoenix) #19

@madaboutchooks same here! I have 1T of ACV with cold sparkling water after dinner, and I actually like it.
The cold sparkling water makes it feel like I’m drinking something a bit more exciting than just ACV, maybe add a slice of lemon or lime in it too :slight_smile:

(Roxanne) #20

I agree Lilphe. @carl takes it one step further and a few drops of bitters to it, and has dubbed this adult cocktail to be a “Carl Franklin”…