Anyone know about the Uric Acid connection with insulin resistance?

(Denise) #43

I hear you @anon38787346, I see the same thing and sometimes. I was just listening to a video this a.m. with Perlmutter and Bikman (not sure when it was actually made, says posted 9 days ago but who knows for sure) and I’ll link it below in case it might be of interest. I don’t have a Uric Acid buildup that I know of, but I wanted to learn more about it so I can avoid arthritis that I have just a little of that so far at 71. It runs in my family but none of them ever knew as much info as we have today. But again, sometimes I’d rather not hear anymore :wink: Perlmutter and Bikman on Allulose (at 30:41 Uric Acid discussion)

Things that can drive up uric acid levels include:
People who eat foods with lots of DNA and RNA (i.e., protein sources)
yeast in the beer, and fructose. But the biggest part may be genetics; you can remove all of the normal known impediments to normal uric acid metabolism and it can still be elevated.

The two best drugs to reduce uric acid are Uloric and Allopurinol. Uloric has been shown to work better in some studies. A potential side effect of these medications is a lowering of blood pressure.

Dr. Rick Johnson is one of the most knowledgeable doctors concerning uric acid and gout.

(Edith) #45

If I’m not mistaken, plant cells contain DNA and RNA, too.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #46

This is a point worth elaborating. DNA and RNA are nucleic acids that occur in every living cell–plant, animal, or protist. So all food contains DNA and RNA. Proteins however, are made up of amino acids, which are different.

I suspect that the source ffskier was quoting meant to refer to amino acids, not ribonucleic acid and deoxyribonucleic acid, and simply got it wrong.