Any way we can change the background format..?

(bulkbiker) #1

I’m finding it really hard to read white on black (old age!)

(Richard Morris) #2

We’re hoping to get a graphic designer on to some of the look and feel of it before the hard launch on New Years day.

(bulkbiker) #3

thats great Richard … I find the white text on black background quite hard to read even with larger text.
Many thanks fr getting back to me.
Rgds
Mark

(TrishR) #4

I was just about to ask the same thing, but decided to see if anyone else had asked yet. LOVE being able to search! Glad to hear we can change from the white on black background soon.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

I love the original black background. Easier on my eyes. I guess n=1 applies here too. We’re all unique snowflakes.

(blarose) #6

I prefer this “night mode”, it’s how I read Reddit and almost anything else that will let me. Maybe have options for “themes”.

(ianrobo) #7

got to say hate this new mode with the white background, too bright and much prefer the original one …

(Precious Honey) #8

i prefer the night mode as well… Hopefully we will be able to chose

(ianrobo) #9

just compared to other sites and it is much brighter than needs to be

(Derek I. Batting) #10

Is there any update on themes or different modes for reading?
Also, I’m not sure how Discourse handles these things, but if there is a way to create themes for it, I would be happy to lend my experience (done WordPress, ModBlog, various PHP projects, CSS, etc.)

(Derek I. Batting) #11

In the meantime, if you want to improve it’s readability with less eye strain, you can use one of the following browser plug-ins.

For Chrome / Chromium / Opera / Vivaldi browsers:

For Firefox:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/screen-dimmer/