Any local stories of Covid-19?

This isn’t what the research paper they are citing is saying. IgA/IgM short term antibodies decline but long lasting IgG antibodies don’t decline in patients who had a severe SARS-Cov-2 infection. Page 19 of the paper below.

Other factors play a role in declining antibodies such as Vitamin A/D deficiency and lack of physical activity. Too bad we don’t have more education and less misleading news articles pushing for a vaccine which “may” only be useful for susceptible blood types who haven’t been infected yet.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #23

I understand that the virus also mutates fairly rapidly, which means that even if immunity to the one strain persisted for the rest of one’s life, one could still be vulnerable to other strains. Influenza operates similarly, which is one of the reasons that we are often vulnerable to this year’s flu, even though we had it last year.

It’s also interesting that a ketogenic diet can be of use in normalising levels of vitamins A & D in the blood.

SARS-cov viruses mutate slower than influenza because they have copy correction built into them and our IgG immunity has been shown to drop after 3 years.

(Doug) #25

The common cold is a coronavirus, and we don’t do much as far as developing immunity to it.

There are the little red dots - SARS-Covid-2 showing up late last year and early this year…

And there are already thousands of mutations in SARS-Covid-2.

Well first off, when the body has manufactured antibodies against a certain enemy- then it has something like a memory chip built in. If the infection returned then the body would easily and far more quickly manufacture new antibodies against it. So there is always that safety in having had it before.
As for different flus- they are so different that a flu shot doesnt cover all of them. I dont know if I would really call them a “mutation” although maybe in a broader sense they are- but I would look at them more like a new flu, simply related to an old one.

But are these mutations so large that completely new IgG antibodies are required for immunity? :thinking:

(Doug) #28

Even from a total lay perspective, I would say obviously not all of them, probably not even many of them. Let’s hope it’s zero, but of course that is a much taller order.

closed #29