Any good keto doctors in Dallas, TX area

(Christopher McCollum) #1

My diet doctor does not believe in Keto, and I’m determined to follow it. Any Dr’s out there that do?

(Jane) #2

Good luck in your search.

Why do you need a keto doctor to follow a keto diet? Do you have a medical condition that needs to be closely monitored?

(Christopher McCollum) #3

Yes. It’s complicated but short story is that I have PTSD from being shot with a resulting heart attack. Subsequently, I have heart meds that I’m taking that I want checked by an MD that specializes in keto/low carb diets to guide me through the process. I’m in my 40’s now, so I need to get the pro’s involved. While the keto/low carb lifestyle is simple for those with uncomplicated health, those with more complicated health issues need some guidance.

Can you help?

(Jane) #4

I wish I could but I live in Arkansas.

Many (most) mainstream docs won’t/don’t accept keto. I don’t know why it would change anything with your meds but it may take some research on your end. I’d start by searching for DO’s instead of MDs because they’re typically a lot more open minded with stuff like that and most like keto to begin with as DOs treat the whole body as unit, where MDs focus on bits/pieces and treat symptoms instead of tracking down root causes. You can also look for any doc that speaks of being a functional medicine doctor which could be either an MD or a DO, but some of them are membership based which can be expensive.