Another Newbie with Back Pain

(Kathryn Levesque) #1

Hey, folks! Just checking in to see if anyone has any new advice on dealing with lower back pain. This is week 3 of Keto for me. To date, I’ve lost 10.2 pounds. The first 2 weeks were amazing. No Keto flu, but at the start of week 3, I started getting lower back pain. Nothing new for me, I had hip surgery and sciatica 2 years ago. This is different. If I push, it’s pain near the dimples of my back. I’m physically active and do not recall any kind of “tweak” or push/pull pain. Laying down or sitting is unbearable. Any thoughts? Side Note: I have been watching my macros, I have also increased my water intake, but I also added MCT oil and Crystal Light to my daily mix. I’ve tried adding Himalayan Salt, to no avail. Any help you can give would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Not a clue, sorry. My only advice would be to take lots of painkillers and hope for the best.

You don’t necessarily have to have done anything to have sprained a muscle, by the way; I once sprained a rib muscle while sitting quietly at my desk.

(Robin) #3

It’s likely not related to keto. Might be time to see a doc. Could be something like a herniated discs, even.
Best of luck! let us know how you are doing.

(Joey) #4

@Krlevesque13 Welcome to the forum! So sorry to hear you’re suffering with back pain … it can feel overwhelming at times depending on the severity. Sounds like you’re pretty miserable.

As noted by others, it’s hard to draw a link between back pain and dietary carb-restriction. Given what you’ve shared, I’m assuming it has nothing to do with kidneys, so I wouldn’t worry about anything like that.

I once pulled a lower back muscle by simply sitting down on our comfy couch. Was debilitating for days. Never happened before, and thankfully never again.

If it’s purely muscular (not joint-related) then frequent gentle stretching and a tincture of time is your best cure, with pain management strategies (to taste) in the interim.

Hopefully you get relief soon. :vulcan_salute: