Annoyed by those seeking attention

Those names sound like northern names. I was in the south, so I may not know it. I have heard the name Hackepeter but never knew what it was.

Well, you know exactly where your meat has been. If we still raised pigs, I would give that a shot.

(Bob M) #43

Looks like trichinosis can be killed via temperature and time (anyone like sous vide?):

Unfortunately, they don’t really answer the question for wild meats.

(Geoffrey) #44

I wasn’t allowed to bring home the meat from a bear hunt up in Canada due to trichinosis. I knew that cooking it thoroughly would kill the parasites but they refused to let me.

(Michael) #45

I am going to start a YouTube channel soon. I will be looking for lots of clicks from you all, of me eating raw liver :sunglasses:

I :heart: YT

Having had some public health training in a science degree, there can be some quite nasty and dangerous parasites in raw liver and muscle meat.

Cripes, I dread what the algorithm will feed me after that search… probably raw liver eaters.

(Brian) #47

I kinda enjoy Shawn Baker’s YouTubes. They’re usually quite short. (Just wish he could eliminate the “ya know” in every other phrase.) I also like Ken Berry. It’s interesting to see how he’s changed somewhat over the years, from keto to carnivore. There are a few other carnivore docs that I enjoy but some of 'em get kinda long-winded and I don’t always have that much time.

I do rather appreciate that at least these two docs don’t seem to have any issue with someone eating plants even though they don’t. What they want is to see people around them be healthy. And sometimes people eat stuff that they think is healthy but may not be. Things that are “keto” like spinach, chard, almonds, that kind of thing has a very big oxalate dose that comes with and might cause problems for people. And there can be negative reactions to nightshades, things like that. And sometimes you’ll have someone like Sally Norton that will come along and basically add some veg back into a carnivore diet to try to deal with oxalate dumping, which not everyone has a major problem with, but if you do, it’s a very big deal to you. Find your own path but I believe these docs are advocating towards the carnivore end of the spectrum as being the healthiest place for most humans to be.

Hope I don’t step outta line in saying so but I’ve noticed that some of the carnivore ladies that some have interviewed have been… (hard to carefully select the words)… strikingly attractive. 82 year old Maggie, she looks like a healthy 60. There are others. As I spend time just observing how people age, I’m seeing carnivores aging much better than vegans (who I’ve been around almost all my life). I still know quite a lot of vegans who have bought the message hook line and sinker. My heart grieves for what they’re putting their bodies through eliminating a whole lot of nutrients they really can’t get in just plants. Some of them I care for deeply. But when their minds are made up, some of them will take their convictions to the point of death rather than seriously entertain the idea that maybe there is another way. Sad, really. I was lucky, I escaped.

(Bill) #48

Wow seriously?

Ever heard of live and let live?
Nobody forces you to watch them surely.