An idea to break a stall, what say you?

(Bob M) #21

Here’s one more:

ThirdOne

Lost 5 pounds to start a 4.5 day fast (7/9 = Monday morning), but by Monday the next week (7/16), gained back almost all the weight. This is typical for me.

(Frank) #22

Fasting is 100% a mental game. If you’ve never done it I would highly encourage you to do it. It really does put you in touch with your metabolism at a different level than you’ve experienced. I’m not going to tell you it’s fun but knowing that you are in control over what and when you eat is very empowering. I’m close to if not at my ideal weight so EFing comes harder than it did when I had more fat stores but I IF pretty much 4-5 times per week. It just makes life easier.

(Robert C) #23

I think it will - but, might not for long. After a while, it might just get viewed as calorie reduction.
You could do some fasting but a “go between” solution is to some of your original heavy fat mornings (particularly when you are hungry) and some of your new lower fat mornings (hoping for some body fat stores to be tapped).
If the “go between” gets you closer to where you want to be, then maybe the fasting tool comes out of the box.

(Scott) #24

That’s an idea I can eat more fat on running days and less on non running days to mix it up.

(Scott) #25

I have started fasting through breakfast on Saturday mornings to eliminate a meal combined with a run. I have a longer fast coming up when I have a colon exam later this month, that ought to be fun.

(Frank) #26

It’s like a muscle. It gets stronger the more you do it.

(Scott) #27

Day two and down 1 pound. Not enough to be news worthy but posted here anyway.

(Frank) #28

You’re doing it! Awesome! Weird huh?

(Scott) #29

and as a side note I am tasting ketones for the first time in a while too.

(Scott) #30

I woke up at three and had only lost a tenth of a pound and went back to bed. I got up at 4:50 and weighed again and lost the other .9 for a loss of another pound. This made me happy so I celebrated with a run. Still on the reduced fat breakfast (it was super fat) the research continues.

(Graham Muir) #31

Reducing fat is a good idea.

My macros for the first 3-4 weeks were 80% fat, 15% protein and 5% carbs

Macros now - 65-60% fat. 25-30% protein and 5-10% carbs. This only works for me as i have carbs after a workout.

Anytime u hit a stall, be it building muscle or lose fat, u need to shake ur body with breaking routine and do things differently.

(Scott) #33

I lost another .2 pounds and was pleased with that. I had a really off day with lots of snacking (macadamia nuts & pork rinds) and some added drinking due to a funeral mixed in. This combined with catching a cold too. Still doing a limited fat content breakfast. KCKO!

(Scott) #34

Update: I lost another pound and the reduced fat breakfast research continues.

That’s some crazy fluctuation, Paul! Good for you for taking it in stride and not letting it derail you!

(Scott) #36

@PaulL is your scale on a tile floor? I have some medium size rectangular tile that I suspect will distort the reading occasionally due to the slight variation of each.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #37

It’s actually on a rug. But the actual problem is that it’s just a cheap scale. When I want to know my real weight, I use the balance scale at the gym.

(Scott) #38

The reduced morning fat test seems to be working as I am down almost four pounds. This in spite of me catching a head cold which in turn has stopped my morning running.

(Scott) #39

Still losing daily so I guess I will make this lower breakfast fat content my new morning routine.

(Scott) #40

Still working and broke through the 184 barrier and clocked in at 183.8 this morning. This puts me at exactly 25 pounds lost since starting July 10th. Only have about five more pounds to go so I can live with the slow progress.